Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Astra wing mirror cover

Options
  • 20-04-2008 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I clipped the passenger wing mirror of my 06 Astra (3 door) and knocked the plastic back cover off it. The mirror motor still works and the rest of the unit is still intact so does anybody know where I can source a replacement cover? I've tried micksgarage.ie but they only sell the entire wing mirror unit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bd85

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Have you tried a dealer? You could also try ebay, I got a similar mirror cap for a primera, primed and ready for painting for about €2 on ebay a few years ago. The seller was a nissan dealer in the UK clearing out some surplus stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭2-ShortDa5foot5

bd85 wrote: »
    I clipped the passenger wing mirror of my 06 Astra (3 door) and knocked the plastic back cover off it. The mirror motor still works and the rest of the unit is still intact so does anybody know where I can source a replacement cover? I've tried micksgarage.ie but they only sell the entire wing mirror unit.

Hi,
    I have a '99 Astra and exactly the same thing happened to me recently. I was ready to buy a new mirror and all even though the old one was working perfectly when I rang the Opel dealers just to check. Turns out they do sell the back covers seperately. I paid about €41 for mine. It's primered but but ul have to spray it yourself. U can buy the spray cans in any car accessories store, and match ur colour perfectly. Mine worked out great anyway. I'm not sure about the availability of this part for the new Astra but u could check anyway. If this fails, u can pick one up in a scrapyard cheap.

Hope this helps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

Had do do the same for an 98 (newer model) astra a few years ago. Purchased the cover in dealers and got them to spray it. Cost around 100punts at the time.

Advertisement