Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you change on my site?

Options
  • 20-04-2008 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm in no way good at programming or making a website. I did however, lately have a look at w3schools, and learnt some html. I decided to create a forum for film and video game composers, as from what I could see, there was none. I used phpbb3 for the forum, which suits me fine, as its easy for me to use, looks okay to most people etc.

www.filmandgamecomposers.com

I wanted to install sitemeter on the page, but couldn't as sitemeter isnt phpbb compatibe, so i placed a small 1% frame at the bottom of the page, and put in a html page, with just the sitemeter on it. This allowed me to check my stats etc. However, one or two people have been complaining that by using frames, SEO on the site is far harder, and they can't bookmark specific forum pages etc. It works fine for me, and my website is on google - number 1 + 2 if you type in "film and game composers" into google. Anyway, let me know if you would change anything about it. Thanks for any feedback or suggestions :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

Hello,

I can see your ranking in google alright, but its not loading your frameset. And if your users are complaining about the frames, then maybe you should get rid of it instead of losing users.

I don't know anything about Site Meter, but maybe you should use another tool, that will not interfere with the design or build of your website. Have you looked at google analytics? Its a great stats tool and its free. Its works with boards sites as well (this site uses it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

yea I got rid of the frame now anyway. I'll see if I can get google analytics onto the site somehow...

Advertisement