Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on yucky lip please

• 20-04-2008 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭

I've had my lip pierced since October, and I thought they were good and healed. But when I woke up yesterday, the right piercing had sort of a skin tube growing up along the bar... I don't have camera at the moment, so I hope the diagram will explain things.

Any advice on how to make it go away? I'll go in to a piercer when I get back to Dublin, but I'm down home now... I just want something to make it less unpleasant. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Are you playing with it with your tongue by any chance? that will encourage skin to grow on it.

2 options in my mind.

1st and best is just get a longer bar and let it calm down, then swish with salty water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

I think I have been tonguing it, yes. Not anymore though, it's uncomfortable to touch. Longer bar is now in, and the kettle is boiling for a salt solution - thanks Wilburt:)

No worries, same thing happened to me when I first got mine.
    Don't burn yourself with the hot water ;)

I'm considering taking my lip piercings out. The placement isn't exactly right, and I'd like to get them redone after the summer. I'm just a little concerned that the aforementioned yucky bit inside the lip would prevent it from healing up properly. I don't really want to be left with a bump of skin inside my lip at just the right place to bite... Has anyone tried to heal up something like this before? What do ye think will happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

something fairly similar happened to mine a little over a week ago. ive just been cleaning it with salty water and its more or less back to normal now and all the pain i was feeling from it is gone now. id say give it another week and see if theres an improvement.

• Advertisement

happened to me, got a second labret done below my current one. was done fine, was slightly off centre (incredibly hard to line them up perfectly) and i wasnt too happy with it. same issue you had, i put in a longer bar, but then just got tired of it and was gonna be starting a new jobby so took it out. clears up in about a week.
    can get it repierced no hassle. nothing to worry about :)

Awesome:) bye bye labrets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

Ok this has to be more than coincidence....I got a double centre labret a couple of months ago and the inside of my lip looks as though it wants to embed the piercings - just like my snakebites did, I'm perfectly happy for them to do so.
    But it seems I've developed a bad oral fixation and I'm actually grinding on the skin inside my lip when I'm asleep, it's pretty much a constant open wound and it's quite painful.
    Anyone had any problems similar to this? :(

wear a gum shield while you sleep?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

if your piercings are healed/nearly healed, get yerself some bioplast posts for your piercings. They're pretty much plastic, and are much gentler on your gums and lip :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jay_jay_na

Please repost when you have a better understanding of the Englis language.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

jeYAAAAsus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Eh whats a stinch???

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Toots85 wrote: »

Well I really hope he/she didn't mean the first definition of stinch given on that website, especially since it's on his/her lip...

I wouldnt bother replying usually but... wash your mouth out with listerine not your piercings.

All piercings excrete some excess fluid, it can smell sometimes. If it stinks pretty bad it's more than likely down to your own oral hygiene i.e not brushing your teeth enough or whatever.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,926 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

-lala- wrote: »
    Well I really hope he/she didn't mean the first definition of stinch given on that website, especially since it's on his/her lip...

Yeah, I know!!! And if it's the second meaning then that just makes no sense. Either way, improving oral hygiene seems to be the way to go if your mouth smells like fishy ladybits :eek:

Advertisement