Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wiring a radio - Ex. taxi toyota - Connectors

Options
  • 20-04-2008 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

I think there was a cb and mobile phone in this car so there's a few bits and pieces added that I've just pulled straight out.

The first image I've attached is the part I pulled out. The two white connectors connect into the main cables in the car.

On the second image (1288) you can see the wires that connect straight into the back of the radio. All this wires have matching wires on the two white plugs I ripped out in the other picture.

I was thinking I just need to get 2 new white connectors and wire the radio cables into it. What are these plugs called though and I'll have a look on ebay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

what year and model are we talking?

are you using a Toyota radio or a branded DIN sized one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

95 Carina. It's a pioneer radio. On the first picture you can see the black connector that goes into the back of the radio.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If you're feeling brave, these are the standard ISO colours layout, so you know what the wires coming from your stereo do.
    38366_ISO_LAYOUT.jpg

BOTTOM BLOCK
    Pin 1 = Tel mute
    Pin 2 = Not Used
    Pin 3 = Not Used
    Pin 4 = +12 v Permanent supply (yellow(+) 12V Constant.)
    Pin 5 = Auto Antenna
    Pin 6 = illumination
    Pin 7 = Switched +12v Supply(Red (+) 12V Power)
    Pin 8 = Earth -0v

TOP BLOCK
    Pin 1 = Rear Right speaker +
    Pin 2 = Rear Right Speaker -

Pin 3 = Front Right Speaker +
    Pin 4 = Front Right Speaker -

Pin 5 = Front Left Speaker +
    Pin 6 = Front Left Speaker -

Pin 7 = Rear Left Speaker +
    Pin 8 = Rear Left Speaker -

Toyota colours
    Memory (+12v Constant) Blue/Yellow
    Ignition (+12v Switched) Gray
    Ground (-) Brown
    Illumination Green
    Dimmer White/Green
    Power Antenna Black/Red
    Left Front Speaker (+) Pink
    Left Front Speaker (-) Purple
    Right Front Speaker (+) LightGreen
    Right Front Speaker (-) Blue
    Left Rear Speaker (+) Black
    Left Rear Speaker (-) Yellow
    Right Rear Speaker (+) Red
    Right Rear Speaker (-) White

I'm pretty sure these Toyota colours are correct.

The strange thing is my two blocks are different sizes. The smaller one has 4 across the top and two on the bottom. The the larger on has 6 across the top and four across the bottom!

the block you have is the Toyota block.

the plugs you have would plug into the white blocks on this picture.
    pc2-17-4_869.jpg

the Pioneer stereo doesn't come with ISO plugs as well as the one you posted does it? (ISO are the black plugs on the pic)

the block you have is the Toyota block.

the plugs you have would plug into the white blocks on this picture.
    pc2-17-4_869.jpg

the Pioneer stereo doesn't come with ISO plugs as well as the one you posted does it? (ISO are the black plugs on the pic)

No block came with the pioneer at all apart from the one for radio side.

So the toyota ones are not iso either then if they are different to the plugs on your diagram, is this correct?

Is there a name for those white blocks so I can search for them on the internet unless you can resuse a block again?

• Advertisement

the handiest thing to do is buy an ISO to Toyota lead and cut off the ISO (black) end, and join the wires coming from your Pioneer block, the colours of the wires will be the same as those on the Pioneer lead.

Strange that the stereo didn't come with ISO blocks.

Normally, the white plugs pictured would plug into the Toyota wiring, and the black plugs into either the back of the stereo or the end of the leads coming out of the stereo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

the handiest thing to do is buy an ISO to Toyota lead and cut off the ISO (black) end, and join the wires coming from your Pioneer block, the colours of the wires will be the same as those on the Pioneer lead.

Strange that the stereo didn't come with ISO blocks.

Normally, the white plugs pictured would plug into the Toyota wiring, and the black plugs into either the back of the stereo or the end of the leads coming out of the stereo.

Yup, that would be the easiest way of doing it.

THats the first time I have seen a Pioneer unit without ISO blocks on the wiring loom.

OP what model headunit is it??

This is where I got it...http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280213328353&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:IE:11

DEH-2950MP

What tool do I need to connect the wires into this connector apart from a wire strippers. Is there some crimping tool required?

Does the plug on this Pioneer 16 pin to ISO lead look like it'll fit into the back of the Pioneer unit?
    3469_1.JPG
    If it does, then get one, and a Toyota to ISO lead and you're sorted.
    pc2-17-4_869.jpg

Link for Pioneer to ISO lead
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIONEER-NEW-STYLE-16-PIN-ISO-CABLE-HARNESS-LOOM-PLUG_W0QQitemZ180232146386QQihZ008QQcategoryZ14932QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Link for ISO to Toyota lead
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PC2-17-4-Toyota-Stereo-ISO-Harness-Adaptor-Lead_W0QQitemZ160231517543QQihZ006QQcategoryZ14932QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope this sorts it out!

You may need an aeriel adaptor to make the Toyota lead fit in the back of the Pioneer

1754.jpg

Does the plug on this Pioneer 16 pin to ISO lead look like it'll fit into the back of the Pioneer unit?
    3469_1.JPG
    If it does, then get one, and a Toyota to ISO lead and you're sorted.
    pc2-17-4_869.jpg

Link for Pioneer to ISO lead
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIONEER-NEW-STYLE-16-PIN-ISO-CABLE-HARNESS-LOOM-PLUG_W0QQitemZ180232146386QQihZ008QQcategoryZ14932QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Link for ISO to Toyota lead
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PC2-17-4-Toyota-Stereo-ISO-Harness-Adaptor-Lead_W0QQitemZ160231517543QQihZ006QQcategoryZ14932QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope this sorts it out!

You may need an aeriel adaptor to make the Toyota lead fit in the back of the Pioneer

1754.jpg

Deadly man. Thanks for being so helpful. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement