Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Reporting dangerouse driving

Options
  • 20-04-2008 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

was driving my daughter and her friends home last night when a Taxi came up fast behind me. I was traveling at 50KPH. He stayed so close to me that at times I could not see his lights. I intentionally slowed down for two reasons;
    1. I won't be bullied into driving over the speed limit, and
    2. I feared if he rear ended me, better to do it at a slower speed.

My daughter eventually got his licence plate number. This took along time as he was driving so near.

My question is, Who can/should I complain this type of aggressive dangerous driving to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

Taxi regulator or something would be more effective than gardai. Did u get his taxi plate number?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Traffic Watch
    1890-205805

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

drive faster, no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Is there anywhere we can report dangerous(e) spelling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭what_car

was driving my daughter and her friends home last night when a Taxi came up fast behind me. I was traveling at 50KPH. He stayed so close to me that at times I could not see his lights. I intentionally slowed down for two reasons;

My daughter eventually got his licence plate number. This took along time as he was driving so near.

My question is, Who can/should I complain this type of aggressive dangerous driving to?

how do i report bad spelling? spell watch? op check out dictionary.com
    :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

spell checker showed dangerouse as a mis-spelling and dangerous as correct.
    I wull trie to emprove my spelin in futur.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

spell checker showed dangerouse as a mis-spelling and dangerous as correct.
    I wull trie to emprove my spelin in futur.

I'd go wid dangerous driving

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Back on topic, did you report him and what kind of response did you get?

I've considered doing it once or twice. Most recently driving home from Longford, a battered old Corsa with L plates, 2 flat bald tires, back shelf full of stuffed animals and unsecured children in the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

the carriage office take complaints about about taxis,not sure if they changed name to "the taxi regulator" or if they are different organization
    although if i was to report crap or aggressive driving by a taxi i wouldn't be able to afford my phone bill!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Carriage office and Guards. Nothing to lose by reporting to both.

TBH if it happened to me then I'd slow down to the point that they overtook and went away. No point in engaging them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Big problem here is if vehicle concerned and driver denies it was him and without any independent witnesses your basically wasting your time. Your passengers are not considered witnesses as they were in your vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Anyone have a number for the Dublin carriage office. I had a taxi driver refuse to take me from airport to town via tunnel on Health & Safety grounds!

Before anyone asks I clearly stated that I would pay the toll, I take this journey every Wednesday, first time I've been refused:confused:

Even they guys on the airport taxi stand & other drivers were giving him grief over it:confused:

I just jumped out & got another one, but his license clrealy states he cannot refuse a fare.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Anyone have a number for the Dublin carriage office.

1890 777 121

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭cavanmaniac

I'd have mixed views on traffic watch to be honest. It's a good thing all in all I suppose, but if you ring and report something you'd have to be willing to go to court and so on to get the person punished, unless it's for something like drink driving and a squad car happens to be in the area.

I've rung it a few times, first time the Guards called me for weeks afterwards and when I explained that I wasn't willing to go to court (driver I complained about was a local, small rural area, etc.) all they could do was pay him a visit and warn him, which to be honest was good enough for me wrt that specific incident as it was relatively minor.

Most recently tho an artic lorry with no trailer undertook me on the ring road through Navan and absolutely burned his way up the road, traffic hopping and overtaking aggressively in a line of vehicles. I rang the traffic line and explained that he was on the N3 and could easily be intercepted by a squad car in Kells or Virginia, but going through both towns, there was no sign of the cops. This kind of annoyed me as the guy was driving extremely dangerously and likely to cause a serious accident, but the Gardai weren't interested. He'd be done quicker for doing 70kmhr in the 60 zone outside the airport though, where the Gardai may as well build themselves a hut they're there so often shooting their revenue fish in a barrel.

Advertisement