Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi- reporting dangerous driving

Options
  • 20-04-2008 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭

I was driving my daughter and her friends home last night when a Taxi came up fast behind me. I was traveling at 50KPH. He stayed so close to me that at times I could not see his lights. I intentionally slowed down for two reasons;
    1. I won't be bullied into driving over the speed limit, and
    2. I feared if he rear ended me, better to do it at a slower speed.

My daughter eventually got his licence plate number. This took along time as he was driving so near.

My question is, Who can/should I complain this type of aggressive dangerous driving to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭bren2002

Carriage Office, Dublin Castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

http://www.taxiregulator.ie/consumer/consumer-FAQs/consumer-FAQs.html

The majority of journeys taken in SPSVs are of a high standard. If you would like to compliment the driver or SPSV operator please call our Consumer Information Line on 1890 60 60 90. However, on the occasions where you are not happy with the service you received, you are entitled to make a complaint.
    Complaint forms are available by calling the Commission for Taxi Regulation Consumer Information Line on 1890 60 60 90. This line is open from 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday. Download a complaint form in pdf format or Word format.
    The complaint form must be completed, providing all relevant details regarding the incident and also enclosing a copy of any receipt obtained for the journey in question. The Commission must have sufficient evidence to identify the person who is the subject of a complaint. An acknowledgement letter will be sent upon receipt of all complaint forms.
    Our enforcement team will investigate all complaints made in writing. The Commission will invite all relevant witnesses to provide a statement of the events. An investigation will assess evidence provided by all parties in a disputed situation. Once this evidence has been collected and evaluated, a decision will be made as to how to proceed with the complaint. The complaint may be concluded in one of four ways. These are:
    • No further action
    • Advice given
    • A formal warning
    • Prosecution in court
    Only where evidence is of a sufficient standard will action be taken against an individual. All complainants should be prepared to attend court, if necessary, to give evidence regarding the incident. Complaints cannot be proceeded with ‘anonymously’.
    The Commission for Taxi Regulation only requires personal information that is relevant in order to answer a specific query or process a specific task. For more information see the Commission for Taxi Regulation privacy statement (pdf download).

What complaints do the Commission for Taxi Regulation handle?
    • Complaints dealt with by the Commission for Taxi Regulation are covered under Section 51 of the 2003 Taxi Regulation Act,
    • Complaints in relation to the condition and cleanliness of the vehicle
    • Complaints in relation to the conduct and behaviour of a SPSV operator or driver
    • Overcharging or other matters relating to fares
    • Matters relating to the hiring of the SPSV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

don't get me wrong but taxi driver and Rules Of The Road isn't something that work together.

godalmighty, i'd be busy reporting every f*cking taxi driver breaking a rule. indicators or red traffic lights anyone?

Advertisement