Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in London for the summer?

Options
  • 20-04-2008 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hey! I'm a 19 year old student and i'm looking for somewhere to rent in london for the summer. It would essentially be for june, july and august, i think i have allready sorted a job an have a bit saved as a start off thing but wondering how i should go about finding somewhere to live, it COMPLETELY BAFFLES me!:confused: Any help or advice would be FANTASTIC!:D Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Check out www.thegumtree.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You really need to consider where in London - its a big place. Like any other city, find somewhere close to work, services and social outlets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

I suppose the easist thing would be to get somewhere in or around the area youre working or at least on the one tube line, saves you switching tubes. We went over in June (a good few years ago) and stayed in a cheap hostel for a week while we looked for jobs and a place to stay. We looked mainly in the evening standard but what would happen is places would go very quickly so youll be on the phone a fair bit at the start but youll find somewhere if you persevere. We got a place within 4/5 days of getting to London. Make sure you have the months rent and months deposit in your pocket before going over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The unis rent out their halls over the summer. Try their websites. It can be expensive, but hey, it's London!

Advertisement