Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CO2 Levels For Honda

Options
  • 20-04-2008 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,

Does anyone know what the co2 level is for a 1999 Honda Accord SIR-T. 2.0L?

I'm just trying to figure out how much the import vrt is going to cost. I've seen the percentage charts for calculating the vrt but they're no use unless i have the actually level of emissions. Any one know on the off chance?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I would import that car before July if I were you. Not sure if there are official CO2 figures (enough to satisfy Revenue) for a car that age, and even if there were, it is likely to be somewhere around 220g. If you import after July, you risk getting assigned the €2000 per year road tax.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

esel wrote: »
    I would import that car before July if I were you. Not sure if there are official CO2 figures (enough to satisfy Revenue) for a car that age, and even if there were, it is likely to be somewhere around 220g. If you import after July, you risk getting assigned the €2000 per year road tax.

no he wont because its a 99 car so the road tax will be on engine size, ONLY the vrt will be calculated on CO2 after july.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

And if your shipping it from Japan now, chances are it will not arrive before 1st July either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Will Vrt definitly be co2 based from 1st of july or again is this only on newly registered cars ie 2008s?

Id hazard a guess its circa 190g/200g as the 2.2 euroR is 225g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

eireal wrote: »
    Will Vrt definitly be co2 based from 1st of july or again is this only on newly registered cars ie 2008s?

Id hazard a guess its circa 190g/200g as the 2.2 euroR is 225g

I'd put it around the 225g aswell. My 1998 2.0 Accord Coupe auto was 235g. I think the manual was 225g.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Dont know if there is a published CO2 level to satisfy the revenue, if not it is €2000 road tax a year, thats what i got from the VRT rule, correct me if im wrong :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

chris85 wrote: »
    Dont know if there is a published CO2 level to satisfy the revenue, if not it is €2000 road tax a year, thats what i got from the VRT rule, correct me if im wrong :)

A COC will be required for the actual car itself. To quote something from a brochure etc isn't enough. I think there'll be a bit of a job getting a COC as the car was never meant for this market. Honda in Swindon *might* be able to get one by I doubt it.

chris85 wrote: »

your car will be VRT'd on CO2 emissions, but as its a 99 model you will only pay 580 euro raod tax.

but if there is no model report for the emissions, then you may well pay the 36% VRT bracket, and then push you into the 2k per year road tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭Esel

kceire wrote: »
    your car will be VRT'd on CO2 emissions, but as its a 99 model you will only pay 580 euro raod tax.

but if there is no model report for the emissions, then you may well pay the 36% VRT bracket, and then push you into the 2k per year road tax.
    So now you seem to be agreeing with me?

I heard VRO offices will accept CO2 figures from a variety of sources, not just a COC. In some cases, they may even accept figures from some Japanese websites. I'll try to get some clarity on this and post again later.

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    So now you seem to be agreeing with me?

I heard VRO offices will accept CO2 figures from a variety of sources, not just a COC. In some cases, they may even accept figures from some Japanese websites. I'll try to get some clarity on this and post again later.

LOL
    maybe i read your first post too quick, my bad:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

You do not pay €2k tax a year on an pre 08 import after July. Only VRT is changing for these.

From the Horse's Mouth: "All new cars registered from 1 July 2008 will have their motor tax rate based on the CO2 emissions level. The new CO2 based system will not apply to the import of pre 2008 cars."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DecoX

Okay so basically what you're all saying is that I'm not based on road tax just vrt. I knew that anyway but thanks for the confirmation:)
    Secondly, I'm prob looking at €580? Thats actually not too bad for me considering the old vrt calculator was pushing my vrt to €840. So that is pleasing to say the least. If you guys have anything else to add to this post please do. Otherwise cheers lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 PauloToole

Hi

I 've been looking around the forum but the only information that seems to be available on CO2 emmissions seems to come from England.

Does anyone know where you can get the facts for Ireland?

Advertisement