Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Snooker Championship

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ModeSkeletor

16-15 to carter and he's in control of this frame. Looking like an o'sullivan/carter final!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

16-15 to carter and he's in control of this frame. Looking like an o'sullivan/carter final!

No - yes -- just after watching 3 missed reds, and a miss - free ball - it's anybodies guess.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

It looks like they want to play all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Got over the finishing line in the end, great entertainment in the last frame. Both players were a bag of nerves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Fantastic stuff...close finishes where they both go to pieces are so tense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ModeSkeletor

I expected Carter to be able to hold his nerve more, especially considering he's in training as a commercial airline pilot!

What an escape by Carter...don't think I've seen that too often if ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Was nice indeed :) First frame to Ronnie though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

zuutroy wrote: »
    What an escape by Carter...don't think I've seen that too often if ever.

What happend? I didn't see the first few frames...

What happend? I didn't see the first few frames...

He was snookered with the white at the baulk end and the red on the far cushion. No easy escape so he belted the white at the jaws of the corner pocket and it jawed and ran along the cushion hitting the red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭patrickc

zuutroy wrote: »
    He was snookered with the white at the baulk end and the red on the far cushion. No easy escape so he belted the white at the jaws of the corner pocket and it jawed and ran along the cushion hitting the red.

that was a great shot IMO

Ronnie to win it tommorow though IMO

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

patrickc wrote: »
    Ronnie to win it tommorow though IMO

Going out on a limb with that prediction :) I'm dissappointed it isn't closer just from an entertainment point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Go the streaker!!!

Thats it..pity the final was so terrible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 kram_araman

Final was terrible alright but overall its been a good tournament

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Can only echo them comments really... A great fortnights action all culminating in a creshendo of crap. :(

It really didnt live up to last years final (Selby's great comback & Higgins finishing in style) but roll on the new season is what I say :)

Well done to Ronnie, don't think there was much doubt he was going to beat Ali.

He said after the match that he might take a break from the snooker, that it's taking its toll. Says he'll have a think about it over the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

id be a little surprised if he took a long break. he loves the sport and is a natural. he threatened to quit before. i missed the bit at the end, how much did ronnie and ali take home, 147s and all?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

celticfc wrote: »
    roll on the new season is what I say :)

When does it start...?is it just me or are there a lot less tournaments these days compared to 10/15 years ago.

• Advertisement

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    id be a little surprised if he took a long break. he loves the sport and is a natural. he threatened to quit before. i missed the bit at the end, how much did ronnie and ali take home, 147s and all?

Ronnie was bout 200k, Ali was bout 150k I think...... That'll certainly ease the pain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭patrickc

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Well done to Ronnie, don't think there was much doubt he was going to beat Ali.

He said after the match that he might take a break from the snooker, that it's taking its toll. Says he'll have a think about it over the summer.

he has said that the last 2 summers also, and has always come back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Congratulations to Ronnie for winning the world title ........

Advertisement