Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable home on Daft

Options
  • 20-04-2008 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Someone already mentioned it but i want to know what it means?
    If hundreds of people are on waiting lists of Council, why they need to advertise it on Daft.
    Or it is open offer for those who qualify may go ahead and
    snap the deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't understand what you are saying. Can you provide a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

Hi Victor.
    Its here http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?limit=10&type=sale&id=354340

My half sis just broke from her BF and looking for home. Well she qualifies eligibilty but not on waiting list.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Feck: "earn as a guide between €40,000 and €60,000 as a single applicant or joint applicants earn up to €165,000" in order to qualify for a 2 bed apartment under the affordable housing scheme...... My god- if a couple still qualify with a combined salary of 165k- whats the hope for the rest of us?

S.

"€165,000 (this is based on a multiplier or 2.5 times the main earner's income plus once the second income);"

Thats the same as two people, each earning €47,100.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thats a bit more reasonable- but in its still the equivalence of 3 times the average industrial wage......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Its still bleedin' bonkers that a couple, both working and earning well above the average wage, still qualify for government assistance to buy a entry level gaff, its pure insanity..where does that leave the merely average income earner or the single person?

Its utter utter insanity, but reversal to the long term mean is slowly but surely happening - which IS good for the economy long term..rising house prices are not.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Its also the same as one on €51,667 and the other on €10,000 which is about average industrial wage or a little less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Vic, 2nd earner should be on 35,832. Still above the average wage :)

You can get a 2 bed apt for 255k in nearby Linnetsfield on Daft now. Even thought it does not say it, I bet the % discount is not fair with over-valuation involved on the councils part.

Anyway at the end of the day, why would a high earning couple buy a 2bed with a 20yr clawback in Clonee assuming they wil never have kids nor need for space? :D

Advertisement