Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early morning coffee?

• 20-04-2008 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

I'll have to be in town at around 6 a.m for the next week or so, can anyone suggest somewhere in the city centre where I can sit down and get a cup of coffee & a muffin/doughnut/etc that early in the morning?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Good question,I am often in the city this early and have never found a coffee shop open.The only thing I have found it early morrning Spar/Centra shops and I don't even call the stuff they have coffee.

Seems as we in the Dublin City forum have not come up with an answer I am going to kick this over to the experts in the Coffee forum and see what they can come up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the gigs place in richmond street is open from 12 am - 6 am at the weekends, half 5 weekdays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

the gigs place in richmond street is open from 12 am - 6 am at the weekends, half 5 weekdays

Can anyone tell me what that place actually does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

dudara wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what that place actually does?

serves vile food and even worse wine to drunks who are afraid to go home. It started in the '70s as a place where bands, particularly "showbands" could go after a gig or whatever but quickly became popular with nighthawks and barflies.

• Advertisement

I think 'early houses' are banned under a new law about to be passed so this place could be well about to close.Not that it sounds to good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Tough one, it's early alright.

I have a savage travel cup that keeps my coffee hot for several hours, that's what I'd recommend tbh. Make good coffee at home and bring it with you.
    Dub13 wrote: »
    I think 'early houses' are banned under a new law about to be passed so this place could be well about to close.Not that it sounds to good.

I know your first posts on this thread were in Dublin and you then moved the thread. This post was in C&T. I now respectfully request my Coke & Hookers, I've been waiting.

I know your first posts on this thread were in Dublin and you then moved the thread. This post was in C&T. I now respectfully request my Coke & Hookers, I've been waiting.

They are on the way....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Dub13 wrote: »

GIGS will Never Close.Man!!

However to answer the OP ................. Em :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

A mate of mine just told me about a place on Grafton Street called Bon Espresso, apparently they do really good coffee to take away and open pretty early.

Thanks to everyone for their advice, very much appreciated!

• Advertisement
Advertisement