Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

songwriter looking for some feedback

• 20-04-2008 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭

hi
    please follow the link and have a listen is it good or s*** all comments welcome it the only way for me to improve
    http://www.myspace.com/318788290

thanks guys

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Ken I'm leaning to the 'good' and definately not sh!te. It really wouldn't be either a style I'd choose to write nor listen too for pleasure. that in no way is to take away from the merits of your work. What does come across very strongly is your ability to nail down a tune. A big bravo from me(a complete phaffer).
    What is stunning is the quality of production. How do you achieve that? Studio?Home or big place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭ken.m

hi humberklog
    thanks a million for the vote of confidance and honesty would be interested in hearing some of your work if you have anything recorded send me a link

yeah the sound quality/production is very good just wish i had something to do with that it was recorded in fastlane studio in Donabate got two days as a christmas gift the lad who runs it plays bass on the tracks i do my bit (guitar/voice) software takes care of the rest

again thanks a million

Donabate eh? Well it's v.impressive. That's very handy havin someone there being able to play an instrument along to your tune. I'd be lost in a studio,probably break something, argue with the engineer and then be so finnicky with someone playing over one of my tunes that I'd drive them insane. I do have a myspace but I'm still figuring out how to open it never mind put a track on it. I record on a zoom,it's grand for hearing songs back but whatever i do wrong the sound quality isn't great, (could be my playing and writing). I only play guitar and not very well so am always well impressed when someone like yourself or Jackdevalera are acheiving such high quality production of the sounds you intend. Do you live out in donabate?

sorry dont know what zoom is i use cubase on a laptop at home and a pre amp the pre amp might help you ? the engineer would not let me mess with the stuff kept saying he has it set for best quality what could i say (not any more you dont) they expect you to mess with the stuff a bit

if you can find someone to jam with helps with timing plus swap ideas

no i am from cabra and yourself?

Zoom is a make of 8track recorder. True it's good to bounce things around. Have a look at the airing room thread. It's still in it's infancey.
    Northsider too but now live 50feet into the southside now in Islandbridge.

• Advertisement

will do southside is good it has' it has' it has' the liffey to the north, fresh flowing river water, it green for Ireland you know, i was born a southsider myself, it's darker in the north thats the only problem

Do you do gigs ken?

the airing room very good idea i know there is open mike nights but that would be great for the shy;ish person no never only drunk a parties did you ever try? seems a bit to much bother for me loading a van at 2 am

hi
    would like to say thanks to all for listening in and for comments left

ken.m wrote: »
    the airing room very good idea i know there is open mike nights but that would be great for the shy;ish person no never only drunk a parties did you ever try? seems a bit to much bother for me loading a van at 2 am
    Tis a very good idea. Done it once so far and will be doing it again whenever enough people are interested. Works better with 4or 5 so if you wanna come along keep an eye on the airing room thread. Drunk party player here too and friends and family's opinions don't count for sod all really. the song room on a monday is shaping up very well for Frobster. Jack dev is playing tonight and the evening is well worth a visit. Don't worry we don't all know each other.

• Advertisement

yeah sure will keep a look out,The song room where is that held (dont say in a room with singers)

O'sullivan's on westmoreland street. Where Bewley's was...kinda.

will check it out sounds interesting you play there yourself ? look forward to hearing the talent out there dont know if i would have a go myself

No i just go for the listen. I wouldn't be up to that speed at the moment so i find it useful to see how its done. Its good to support live stuff (comedy,music etc.) just by attending.

yes i agree some good music floating around out there, i noticed you saying you are having problems putting music up on your myspace if i can help i will just ask (private message if that suits)

That'd be much appreciated. I'll pm details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

yeah sure will keep a look out,The song room where is that held (dont say in a room with singers)

Hey Ken. I like the sound of your stuff.
    I organise The Song Room, drop down sometime and say hello. It's a friendly and open atmosphere, maybe sometime you could play a tune some point in the future?

hi frobisher
    its great to get some good feedback never thought i would to be honest, will do nearly made it last monday but she would not go out in the end but will make it my business to attend,yeah might just do that sounds good crack never tryed playing in public

thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

hi frobisher
    its great to get some good feedback never thought i would to be honest, will do nearly made it last monday but she would not go out in the end but will make it my business to attend,yeah might just do that sounds good crack never tryed playing in public

thanks again

A pleasure, come down anytime. Myself and Brian are usually buzzing around intoducing people and sorting out the sound. You won't miss us, just come up and say hi. Humberklog has been turning up as well, you may meet another Boardsie on the night. :cool:

hi
    please follow the link and have a listen is it good or s*** all comments welcome it the only way for me to improve
    http://www.myspace.com/318788290

thanks guys

thank's to everyone who listened in and left a comment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Wormking2002

thank's to everyone who listened in and left a comment

Nice voice head...get your music out there..

Advertisement