Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACM M4 mags

Options
  • 20-04-2008 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

i have some ACM m4 mags that are as unreliable as the weather over here:D

there doesnt seem to be enough pressure on the spring or it just keeps jamming (not sure which).

iv noticed a small cap on the bottom and whne i removed it there is what looks like a small white stick of chalk(but its plastic).

i was wondering if i push this up will it increase the pressure on the springs???

or what the thing is for???

thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Make sure you dont put more than 100 rds in them, mine will fit loads more that it should but it wont feed them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

What brand m4 is it?
    My dboys m4 had trouble with feeding.
    Or try putting something bigger between the spring and the base of the mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

I dont have any probs with my mags,
    I've found them to be completely reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Yea, if you push that white stick up it will push the spring up further, but it's quite likely to get pushed back down again anyway, so you'd need to put something in behind it to prevent this and it will also reduce your mag capacity.

Try spraying some silicone oil into the mag and running some BBs through it, it should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

kinkstr wrote: »
    What brand m4 is it?
    My dboys m4 had trouble with feeding.
    Or try putting something bigger between the spring and the base of the mag.

it a dboys! it has no trouble feeding with the dboys hi caps just with the acm mid caps:confused:

• Advertisement

kdouglas wrote: »
    Yea, if you push that white stick up it will push the spring up further, but it's quite likely to get pushed back down again anyway, so you'd need to put something in behind it to prevent this and it will also reduce your mag capacity.

Try spraying some silicone oil into the mag and running some BBs through it, it should help.

il try that KD and hopefully it will work

ok an aul update.....

i got my some new mags in the post today they are MAG i got a box of 8 mid caps and just loaded about 20 bb's in to each and not one of the mags fired off all the rounds:mad:

because they are new and it is there first time to be used would this be normal??

would you reccomend oiling them up? and if so where do i oil?

do you have to break them in or anyhting like that??

stupid noob question i know..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

How many bb's were left in the mag after you tried firing it? Mid caps wont empty completely, there will always be maybe 5 left as a few will go up into the magwell but not have enough pressure to push them all the way into the chamber.
    would you reccomend oiling them up? and if so where do i oil?

Spray some silicone down on to the bb's once there loaded.

kinkstr wrote: »
    How many bb's were left in the mag after you tried firing it?

i put 50 bb's in to all of them last night and it will fire 4 than stop and when you remove the mag it is as if the spring is stuck down and you have to bang the mag off your hand to get it to push up on the bb's

the picture show the magazine with what i think is the spring jammed! when they are like this there is a gap of about 15mm between where the top bb is and where it should be!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

how are you loading the mag?

• Advertisement

Puding wrote: »
    how are you loading the mag?

im using an auto loader thingy in the shape of a pistol mag

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i know its a strange thing to as but try just using the load rod you get with most aeg, i've had some problems with some mags and its been down to how i was loading them

how does that work...........jsut push the bb's down one by one???

i attached picture to one of my last post of what its like when the bb's are jammed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

stick some silicone oil in those mags and they should be grand

johnboyire wrote: »
    stick some silicone oil in those mags and they should be grand

thanks john going to get some silicon and try it out on one of them.....fingers crossed

ok i got the mags working!!:D

i now have the 2 acm ones and the 8 mags ones working perfectly!

i keeped siliconing them up and filling them and unloading them it was a pain in the a*se but it was worth it in now have the ability to carry 1000 bb's and thats not counting my high cap:D:D

thansk for all your help lads,

i hope to empty them in your direction soon:D

Advertisement