Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Request. Looking for cheap external hard drive

• 20-04-2008 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi guys, i was looking at komplett.ie and there's a 500gb seagate external hard drive for 85.99. Does anyone know where there might be a better offer. Any advise would be welcome. Thanks! :)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Thats pretty much the best value around, you could probably get it slightly cheaper elsewhere but the extra shipping would cancel out any savings, its a good external btw, A friend has one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try dabs.ie as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

yea i got a western digital 500gb HD off dabs. 86€ iu think,, Great Value. Looks Sweet Too

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?quicklinx=4TJL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

+1 on the WD 500GB My Book Essential.

Have 3 of them, great yokes.

If you want a portable hard drive, I recommend the Western Digital 250GB Passport, €101 on dabs.ie, and only €5 postage. Its the size of a pocket diary.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭1stimpressions

Does portable mean you can plug and play straight on to telly and external just mean its note fixed to your desktop, i.e could you play films from an external on a tv?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Does portable mean you can plug and play straight on to telly and external just mean its note fixed to your desktop, i.e could you play films from an external on a tv?

No- its simply a removable hard-drive. You can get devices similar to what you're talking about- for example the Archos Media Centre (I think thats the name)- which is like an external harddrive but it has connections for outputting video and audio to a tv or computer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

What smccarrick said, plus that a portable hard drive like the WD Passport I mentioned above doesn't need to be powered from the mains, the MyBook on the other hand does. Therefore, you are not carrying another bloody power adapter :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Bought a WD 160gb Passport from Best Buy in US over Easter for US$90/ EUR60, and a WD 500GB My Book for GBP65/EUR95, free delivery to any UK address.
    Well impressed by both!

Advertisement