Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skate vs Tony hawks proveing grounds

• 20-04-2008 6:08pm

I want to get a skateboard game but dont know which one to get! what would you choose??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Skate. Thought it was brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

skate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Skate if you want a game true to skating. TH:PG if you want a piss-poor version of a "skating" game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Tony Hawks Project 8!

Should be able to get it very cheap now and I enjoyed it much more than skate which just became pure frustration as the challenges got harder. Only played the demo of Proving Grounds and I wasn't impressed at all, they just seem to be throwing gimmicks at the game to compete with skate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Proving Ground didn't get very good reviews.

I got skate. for €20 in Harvey Normans (the one in Blanchardstown) at the end of March, dunno if it'll still be at that price.

skate. is totally different to TH games, and can take a bit of getting used to. Once you do, it's good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Skate.

Theres no competition.

Every Tony Hawk game has being the same ****e repeated over and over again.

I also find pulling a 360 kickflip into lipslide in Skate more satisfactory than a 9 million point combo than in any Tony Hawk game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Yea get skate, its a challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Skate.

Do you skate yourself? If so, definitely get skate. I not, still get skate. I got both. Skate's staying on my shelf as a game I'll play again and again. TH PG got traded in after a week or two. Frustratingly simplistic and silly at times. Skate can be tough at times - I still never managed to do the photo challenge where you manual to manual on the containers - but it's well worth the work.

Oh, and Skates. got the Gonz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Skate by a mile.. so much more realistic and fun. Especially if your an actual skateboarder.

Saying that though I still like all the previous toy hawks games.. Not so much the newer ones though.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Thanks guys! Skate it is!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Skate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Wasn't a huge fan of either, but Skate was by far more fun for the while I played it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Tony Hawks Project 8!

Should be able to get it very cheap now and I enjoyed it much more than skate which just became pure frustration as the challenges got harder. Only played the demo of Proving Grounds and I wasn't impressed at all, they just seem to be throwing gimmicks at the game to compete with skate.

+1 for project 8
    I didn't think much of Skate at all, but seem to be in the minority there...

Advertisement