Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

India

• 20-04-2008 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Hoping to go to India for six weeks from early July to mid August. Will be backpacking and hoping to do this on a shoe-string budget, if anyone here has backpacked there have you any idea how much roughly I'd be looking at spending over the six weeks?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Gaz

India is cheap, I was there for 3 months and only spent a couple of grand between two people.

Travel on trains is very cheap, even in first class (aircon !!) Stayed in guesthouses, never more than a tenner a night. And food was very cheap, but it is possible to spend money on 5 star hotels and meals etc.

My favourite place was Darjeeling up in the Himalayas , i totally recommend doing a week there, with maybe some trekking into Nepal.
    Agra is of course amazing, the Taj is something else. Fairly expensive by Indian standards, think it was 700 rupee to get in, locals pay about 50 !
    Varanasi is shocking, as is parts of Calcutta but still an amazing expierience. Try finsihing up in Goa , totally chilled out beach life there and a nice way to end the madness that is India.

Be prepared to be shocked, appaled, disgusted .... and then love it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Yeah apart from your flights you could easily see India on 200 per week and that would be having a few beers now and again. The Himalayas up north are particulary cheap and food is cheap everywhere. Be careful of the monsoon though !

Advertisement