Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could ban one sport...

Options
  • 20-04-2008 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

which one would you, I'd go for golf, bloody elitist knobbers robbing the countryside for their stupid game, I wouldn't even call it a sport

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Cricket. could never understand it.

Soccer aka big girls blouse football.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Soccer. Then there'd be other stuff on the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Football.

For the craic.

"Soccer"..the hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I like golf although don't play it myself. One of those things I know I'd be rubbish at so wouldn't bother spending a fortune to prove my theory. I love playing it on PC though and it's a nice, gentle relaxing sport to watch when hungover. If you appreciate the skill involved at the higher levels you'd probably enjoy it.

Synchronised swimming seems pointless to me. Same goes for curling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Definately cricket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

darts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

*does sweeping brush motion* Curling as well. I do like golf though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Soccer.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Darts. Mainly because its not a bleedin sport!

And although I like poker, I don't see how its considered a sport :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Gaelic football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Golf!!!! Zzzzzzz...

I Happily watch every other sport!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Should have polled this. Another one for the cricket vote.

I find it quite relaxing watching golf. I watch darts and football with the OH. And I love the ponies. Im a great bird to have, me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Definitely cricket. It goes on for way too long for me to even try to understand the rules.

I'll watch pretty much anything else though. I just wont play!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Have to go with Horse Racing. The fvckign horse dows all the work, the jocket gets all the credit and the only people who care are gamblers.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

baseball/cricket... same difference. stupidly complicated scoring systems yet at the same time insanely boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Another cricket vote. It takes up too much time on sky sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭useful_contacts

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

baseball/cricket... same difference. stupidly complicated scoring systems yet at the same time insanely boring.

Yeah, baseball scoring is crazy...took me a long time to get used to counting up in ones. :D and saying the two are the same is just lol.

No bad sports imo. Not a big fan of field hockey or rugby league, but I wouldn't go banning them!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'd ban cricket. Pointless sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,824 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Gaelic Football, because there might be some money left for other sports grants then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,568 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Have to go with Horse Racing. The fvckign horse dows all the work, the jocket gets all the credit and the only people who care are gamblers.

Not entirely true. Check out the Horse Racing forum. A lot of the guys over there aren't gamblers at all. And a jockey is a vital part of the sport. Obvioulsy the horse is doing most of the work but a jockey can hold back a horse that just wants to run and run and would otherwise tire itself out long before the finish.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'd ban soccer but it would only become a sports martyr rather than the overhyped nonsense it already is...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Come on people! Golf keeps people out of the office and gives everyone else a well deserved break from them. Golf FTW!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Worst sport has to be curling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I'm quite pleased we're on the 2nd page and nobody has mentioned hunting. Hehehe.

I'd say soccer as well because there's too much of it on the television. It'd be nice to go into a pub and not have 20 plasmas in the room as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Bull fighting.

Even when the bull manages to gore a matiador....they send in more to kill him anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

American Football or Aussie Rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I'd say soccer as well because there's too much of it on the television. It'd be nice to go into a pub and not have 20 plasmas in the room as well.

Then you'd want plasma screens banned from pubs. If you had soccer banned, they'd just show some other sport....like cricket.

Advertisement