Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could ban one sport...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Is it the spandex?

hmmm Spandex never really came to mind but whatever floats your boat I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

NASCAR. Now that's what I call criminally boring. Oh, and Baseball. I've tried giving both a chance by spending an hour watching them and felt mentally raped afterwards, and not even an exciting, angry rape - more like a rape where the person has resigned themselves to the fact they're being raped but is quietly very unhappy about the whole situation.

Not for me, no sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

doyler wrote: »
    boxing. straight off, no'if's' or 'but's'. boxing tops my list by a mile.

then anything like ice skating or gymnastics which needs to be judged by a third party and given marks out of 10.

Gymnastics is no longer scored out of a 10. Not entirely, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    exactly. It's like saying that ryan giggs would beat stephen hendry because he'd just hop up on the snooker table and kick the balls in

That's disgusting - he'd be fouling all over the table!

tee hee!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Boxing - the sole aim is for one person to inflict as much damage as possible on another...

GTFO.

There is a scoring system in place.

You can do as much damage as you like with a punch but unless it's made to the right part of the body and with the right part of the glove then it's a foul.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

GTFO.

There is a scoring system in place.

You can do as much damage as you like with a punch but unless it's made to the right part of the body and with the right part of the glove then it's a foul.

Sorry, the sole aim is to inflict as much damage as possible to the Appropriate areas of anothers body.....am I right now?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

What about that Thai boxing that they make little kids do?

Sorry, the sole aim is to inflict as much damage as possible to the Appropriate areas of anothers body.....am I right now?:)

Not really.

A knockout will get you a win sure, but from what I've seen, the win usually comes from points.

Not really.

A knockout will get you a win sure, but from what I've seen, the win usually comes from points.

Perhaps we can agree on syncronised swimming????:)

Perhaps we can agree on syncronised swimming????:)

I'm still waiting for your PICS photo.

Until then it's OR GTFO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

What about that Thai boxing that they make little kids do?

Those kids where legally bought :p

oblivious wrote: »
    Those kids where legally bought :p

I wish I could give thanks in After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

Marathon running!!

30,000 Gumps causing traffic jams in whatever city of the world they decide to decend on. At least footballers of whatever code are running for a reason.

Jesus :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Rossibaby

if it qualifies as a sport probably fox hunting

rugby is a bit of a joke of a sport,then you have the players thinking they are hard,wtf is that about?

i think that UFC is rubbish too, boxing for those with no talent but plenty of steroids

Rossibaby wrote: »
    if it qualifies as a sport probably fox hunting
    Agree with you there.
    i think that UFC is rubbish too, boxing for those with no talent but plenty of steroids

Do you mean UFC is like boxing for those with no talent or that boxing is forthose with no talent?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

horse racing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

Cricket.
    One match takes ten years to finish.BORING

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The sport is called Mixed Martial Arts, UFC is just a promotion.

A promotion who regularly performs drug tests on it's fighters.

How exactly are they not skilled?

Is no-one willing to second syncronised swimming? Lawn bowls anyone? Lacrosse? Anyone????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

The sport is MMA, and many olympic medal winners have competed in MMA. Wrestling silver medalist Matt Lindland, Judo Gold medalist Yoshida and many national level NCAA wrestling champions like Josh Koscheck.. Not to mention world champion BJJ players like BJ Penn.

MMA is brimming with talent. If you can't see that, you are uneducated about the sport. I don't mean that in anyway disrespectfully Rossi. I like you as a poster, but I think you should pop along to your local MMA gym to see how much skill is involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TutuKaka

The Olympics.

Can I throw that in as one sport?
    Bores me stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

dlofnep wrote: »
    The sport is MMA, and many olympic medal winners have competed in MMA. Wrestling silver medalist Matt Lindland, Judo Gold medalist Yoshida and many national level NCAA wrestling champions like Josh Koscheck.. Not to mention world champion BJJ players like BJ Penn.

MMA is brimming with talent. If you can't see that, you are uneducated about the sport. I don't mean that in anyway disrespectfully Rossi. I like you as a poster, but I think you should pop along to your local MMA gym to see how much skill is involved.

Thank you, very well put :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Gaelic Football.

Full of jumped up, angry gob****es, with rules that may as well not be there. Could be a great sport if it went professional and with better refs/less fights during matches. It just looks so amateurish in comparison to the premiership, Heineken Cup etc. Full of bandwagoneer supporters too.

Hurling is f*ckng fantastic though. Now THERE'S a sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭2-ShortDa5foot5

Close one between soccer and Gaelic football. Soccer is a bunch of poser poofters running around with their hair flopping who spend more time either rolling on the floor and lining up corners/throw ins etc than playing the game.

Gaelic football encompasses everything that's wrong with this country. While it still exists we'll never move into the 21st century!

Soccer would probably win out though, it bores me to tears. At least there's some fights in GAA! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Gaelic football encompasses everything that's wrong with this country.
    IF your going to make a rediculous comment like that atleast give a reason why its "everything wrong with this country" ??????????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Gaelic Football.

Full of jumped up, angry gob****es, with rules that may as well not be there. Could be a great sport if it went professional and with better refs/less fights during matches. It just looks so amateurish in comparison to the premiership, Heineken Cup etc. Full of bandwagoneer supporters too.

Hurling is f*ckng fantastic though. Now THERE'S a sport.

TROOLLL BAIT..... GETCHYER TROLLBAIT..... C'MON... Guaranteed.....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 pendude

Cricket.
    Ban those ****ers ! ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Gaelic and hurling (aka Bogball and stickball) should be banned.

They are the most stupid games ever, and hurling is a very dangerous game.

They also encourage bigotry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

jahalpin wrote: »

Can't say I'm a fan of field sports, but they are no more stupid than soccer or any other field sport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

jahalpin wrote: »

They also encourage bigotry

How do they encourage bigotry?

How is hurling dangerous? There are very few really serious injuries that I am aware of that have occurred from hurling. There are far more dangerous sports in the world :rolleyes:

Advertisement