Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could ban one sport...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Any american sport ( Nascar, baseball, american football... ).

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

MooseJam wrote: »
    which one would you, I'd go for golf, bloody elitist knobbers robbing the countryside for their stupid game, I wouldn't even call it a sport

I would ban tag rugby. It irks me so.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

ban any sport that ends in 'ball' or involves a ball of some kind to participate, there would be better tv viewing then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 83,091 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Actually it seems Soccer needs a good whack with the banstick. The fans dont know how to behave to the extent of normal human beings. For all the revenue made out of the sport it still costs quite a bit in police prescence and peace of mind to have to handle all the begrudging that goes on between clubs. The only time people get along for any length of time is during the World Cup. After that people are fighting with their neighbors over Liverpool vs. Manchester shyte. Give it a rest lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Formula 1. What is the point of guys driving round and round and dollybirds with umberellas .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭gandhi123

alie wrote: »
    Formula 1. What is the point of guys driving round and round and dollybirds with umberellas .

+1 it's so boring and pointless... I'm sure most people only watch it to see a crash!! and another point, it's not like that constructor/drivers points thingy add to it.. ferrari an Mc Claren win it all the time.. exactly like the SPL with rangers and Celtic!! BORINg!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

jahalpin wrote: »
    Gaelic and hurling (aka Bogball and stickball) should be banned.

They are the most stupid games ever, and hurling is a very dangerous game.

They also encourage bigotry

And you sir are just trolling so away and crawl back under your stone.

There are a few olympic 'sports' that take liberty with the very word - synchronised swimming and dressage spring to mind.

The one I'd ban would be baseball, it's actually worse than cricket and yet the yanks go on about it like it's the greatest game ever. At least English people acknowledge that cricket is boring and alot of lads only go for the beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭stink_fist

I wouldn't ban any sport, but i would ban news papers, tv and radio news stations covering news - nothing but a distraction, should be separate stations and papers for sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

connundrum wrote: »
    Darts. Mainly because its not a bleedin sport!
    of course it is a sport for men and women!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

My hatred for the GAA means that I would ban gaelic.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

SOCCER ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

gandhi123 wrote: »
    +1 it's so boring and pointless... I'm sure most people only watch it to see a crash!! and another point, it's not like that constructor/drivers points thingy add to it.. ferrari an Mc Claren win it all the time.. exactly like the SPL with rangers and Celtic!! BORINg!!

*ahem, A Williams driver is currently winning the drivers championship.
    http://www.formula1.com/results/driver/

Ferrari are only 3 points ahead of Sauber in the construction championship, Mclaren are third, 20 points behind
    http://www.formula1.com/results/team/

I'm not denying it was boring and predictable for about the past 7 years or so but since the removal of traction control, its become interesting again because drivers can actually make errors on the exit of corners and not have the speed in the straights which means over taking is possible again and its not just a train of cars driving in circles anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Could we not just make them more interesting rather than ban them?

Like give soccer players tasers or something

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Any blood sport, take your pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

NASCAR

What the hell, 500 laps in a circle?!

F1 has hairpins, screaming straights, sharps curves...excitement

Nascar....a circle....**** off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

aidan24326 wrote: »
    At least English people acknowledge that cricket is boring and alot of lads only go for the beer.

I wouldn't acknowledge that at all! You just haven't taken the time to know the ins and outs of the sport. <Thinking to myself> Probably the same deal with most other sports that are hated...except for NASCAR, baseball, synchronised swimming etc...

...Contradiction FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

horse racing. the biggest congregation of up-their-own-arse snobs, all to see a few horses running around a field. also there's a lot of corruption in horse racing so it's not a fair sport (and I use the word 'sport' lightly). Worst of all it takes precidence over all other things on the tv, and in pubs. Horse racing, I fart in your general direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Still plenty of people chirping in for banning sports they probably dont know the first thing about I see.

Clearly the 80M people that attend Major League Baseball every year are all wrong and it is in fact boring, and they like to be bored!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Ban Cricket.... Awful awful game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

JangoFett wrote: »
    NASCAR

What the hell, 500 laps in a circle?!

F1 has hairpins, screaming straights, sharps curves...excitement

Nascar....a circle....**** off
    a waste of fuel to my liking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

cricket, has to be one of the most boring games to be invented, to watch & play.

Instead of just burning the wickets for the ashes they should gather up all the cricket gear all over the world let the aussies keep that.

cack game, cack watch

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I would say cricket but someone filled me in on the rules and it wasn't a bad game only for the fact it goes on forever but they have this new 20/20 cricket now which should fix that.

Nascar is pointless and I'm a motor sport fan. Most American sports are crap and boring. Baseball and AFootball are shiote.

brim4brim wrote:
    I'm not denying it was boring and predictable for about the past 7 years or so but since the removal of traction control, its become interesting again
    It has really picked up this year, the last race was the best I've seen in a long time, all tracks should be like Montreal. :D Next year should be even better with the removal of the aerodynamic bits and bobs and a return to slicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Lacrosse. Even more boring than cricket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

blaze1 wrote: »
    cricket, has to be one of the most boring games to be invented, to watch & play.

Instead of just burning the wickets for the ashes they should gather up all the cricket gear all over the world let the aussies keep that.

cack game, cack watch

you do realise that 90% of people who watch cricket only go for what is essentially a lads picnic.

What other sport allows you to sit in the sun all day and drink beer in the company of 10,000 other like minded people?

Horse racing should be banned. Lets face it, most people "Into" horse racing are gambling addicts who try and make their addiction sound credible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I really like watching cricket. Lads Picnic is a great description. And for those who think it takes too long there's the 20twenty format. Brilliant!

Now, for sports to be banned: Horse racing. I just don't get the attraction of it. Horse eating, now there's a sport. Yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Alan Ford wrote: »
    a waste of fuel to my liking!

That's actually a VERY good point. No war for f*cking NASCAR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Cricket, rythmic gymnastics, hare coursing, fox hunting, bird shoots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

rugby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Joe Cool

Frog baseball.

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Football, so I'd see more of my husband. And I'd get to watch Coronation Street more often.

I can't understand why Darts is called a sport. It doesn't exactly involve physical exertion (which is what I though a sporting activity involved). I use more energy doing the knitting.

Advertisement