Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could ban one sport...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Noopti wrote: »
    I wouldn't ban any sport really, but I would not televise certain sports.....like walking.

Synchronised swimming......for the love of jaysus.....

MooseJam wrote: »
    which one would you, I'd go for golf, bloody elitist knobbers robbing the countryside for their stupid game, I wouldn't even call it a sport
    Cricket. could never understand it.
    these are the first two posts in this thread. pathetic.

a golf course looks better than a silage pit and if you understood cricket, you'd realise it's not a bad game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

I'd ban horse-racing. Whilst I hate GAA and F1 and Golf and Cricket I can at least appreciate that most people watch those sports for the sport themsevles. However with horseracing the fact that it is almost entirely associated with gambling shows that pretty much no one even cares about it as a sporting entity in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

these are the first two posts in this thread. pathetic.

a golf course looks better than a silage pit and if you understood cricket, you'd realise it's not a bad game.

how is that pathetic? they are the sports those posters would want to get rid of. just because you might liek them doesnt mean others do

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Any so called 'blood sports'...such as hunting...do they realise how silly they are??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Any so called 'blood sports'...such as hunting...do they realise how silly they are??

It's good exercise for the hares and foxes tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

foxhunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

hot2def wrote: »
    talking about UFC.

I mean, do Irish men talk about anything else when the number in the group passes 2....?

Are you taking the piss? If someone in my group of my mates started talking ardently about UFC they'd get a swift kick in the balls. I'm scared to think what kind of camp company you keep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭nomorebadtown

LouOB wrote: »
    Women's volleyball
    You take that back:mad:
    Women's volleyball is a great and noble sport!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bandit883

Chess..........its to rough

• Advertisement

aDeener wrote: »
    how is that pathetic? they are the sports those posters would want to get rid of. just because you might liek them doesnt mean others do
    one used the term "bloody elitist knobbers" to describe golfers and the other admitted to not understanding cricket.

that's why it's pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

FOOTBALL

..................It's a game for Steamboats !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 brenchman

Boxing.
    Because most boxers are either extremely arrogant or downright thick. (In some cases, both)

and you're a moderator?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

Boxing!!!!

its disgustingly brutal! Like young thugs fighting on the street only they have ''rules'' and idiots cheering them on!
    Im not even going to get started on Bernard Dunnes fight a few weeks ago where he continued punching yerman in the face whilethe poor guy was leaning against the ring as he could no longer stand! :mad:
    Disgusting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭LaMer

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    I'd ban horse-racing. Whilst I hate GAA and F1 and Golf and Cricket I can at least appreciate that most people watch those sports for the sport themsevles. However with horseracing the fact that it is almost entirely associated with gambling shows that pretty much no one even cares about it as a sporting entity in itself.

Too right. The 'sport' is a joke, its just pure greed and a couple of big companies exploiting gambling addicts. I can appreciate the skill of jockeys, trainers, etc. but its just a mess of greed, money and total disregard for horses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

I would ban fox hunting!!, it's a disgusting "sport" and what gives the hunters the right to hunt on private property?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Rogby loike

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

brenchman wrote: »
    and you're a moderator?!?!

Mods are just like normal posters outside of the forums they mod. And even he was a mod on this forum, he's still entitled to opinions, even controversial ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Boxing!!!!

its disgustingly brutal! Like young thugs fighting on the street only they have ''rules'' and idiots cheering them on!
    Im not even going to get started on Bernard Dunnes fight a few weeks ago where he continued punching yerman in the face whilethe poor guy was leaning against the ring as he could no longer stand! :mad:
    Disgusting!!

Are you serious, they don't call it the sweet science for nothing. There is alot more going on in the sport than what can obviously be seen. It's a sport of skill where you can win by outthinking your opponent.
    People who just jump in throwing haymakers tend to get their ass handed to them, even if they are the naturally stronger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭tommybrennan15

cricket,to confusing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I don't get Boxing either. That's the one I would ban...

To the OP, golf isn't all snobbery and elitist, I live in a semi - detached house on a road full of travellers, My Dad is an average earner and works hard, My mam has 2 jobs. Our pleasure is a round of golf once a week.

Get with the times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

CamperMan wrote: »
    I would ban fox hunting!!, it's a disgusting "sport" and what gives the hunters the right to hunt on private property?

I wouldn't even call it a sport.
    I used to work in an apple orchard, every year the fox hunting guys would ask permission to go across the land which would be refused. It didn't matter, they went across anyway, making shíte of any row of trees they went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Hephaestus

Bowls. Awful awful game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Soccer, and take all the money and hours that people waste on it and put it to good use doing stuff like ending world hunger and curing cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

And that water ballet crap, synchronised swimming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Probably Gaelic Football, but I understand it must exist to occupy lesser, more common creatures (Kerry folk for example, or nordies) so they don't contaminate the beauty and majesty of Gaelic Hurling with their lack of skill and wit. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

BTW does anyone else find it hilarious when soccer fans complain about the lack of ethics and morals in other sports? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

You take that back:mad:
    Women's volleyball is a great and noble sport!
    Never mind the "Thanks" button, we need a "****" button.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

Soccer. That way the only small talk conversation I'd have to contend with would be the weather.

Hate the way people assume all lads like/ give a flyin' f8ck about soccer.

Over-rated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Road Bowling. Too many knackers.

Advertisement