Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could ban one sport...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,065 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Anything I can do to piss off the GAA :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

There would be a few on my list

Bull Fighting (cruelty element)
    Cricket - pointless and goes on way too long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

zuutroy wrote: »
    Yeah, baseball scoring is crazy...took me a long time to get used to counting up in ones.

then wtf is all this about?
    zuutroy wrote: »
    and saying the two are the same is just lol.

well, a ball is thrown, if the batter hits. he runs. basically the same thing. just running in different directions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

I have only once watched an entire soccer match. If I ever have to go through that again I'll probably wind up killing someone to alleviate the boredom.

Give me curling any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Rugby please....

I hate those stupid cartoonish pictures that get painted on pub windows whenever there are rugby matches on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,931 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Rugby please....

I hate those stupid cartoonish pictures that get painted on pub windows whenever there are rugby matches on.

They're not cartoons. That's what rugby players actually look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Formula 1. *yawn*

Cricket is great, noone thinks it's entertaining, it's just an excuse to get pissed on summer afternoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Golf. It narrowly beats cricket. At least if you were to go to a cricket match you could make a day of it and bring drink to make it that bit more interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

NASCAR becuase it is ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

soccer just to p*ss the overly involved people off TBH. Those guys that can barely kick a ball that feel the need to buy the jerseys and wear them to the pub to watch soccer and scream at the tv when the team they support loses even though they have no connection with that club whatsoever, they just randomly choose to support that club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    NASCAR becuase it is ****.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

soccer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Phantasm

Boules (sp?).

How is it even a sport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Curling.

What a waste of time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Blood Sports & Polo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Soccer - absolute.

How can so many fans get so excited when a player 'nearly' scores a goal and then talk about it for weeks.

Cull them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Boxing.
    Because most boxers are either extremely arrogant or downright thick. (In some cases, both)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Rally, F1, A1, NASCAR, Touring Cars, DTM... All boring as hell.

Golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Watched about 10 minutes of UFC the other night for the first time.

Jaysus, knackers in a cage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Soccer. A game filled with overpaid pretty boy pansy cheaters that turns most of the population of this country into know it all managers spewing stuff like: "At the end of the day", "the fact of the matter is", "they were a bit flabby in the defense" and other infuriating tidbits of football jargon.

Wow..... I've got some issues I think....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Soccer. A bunch of overpaid sissys

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

brim4brim wrote: »
    soccer just to p*ss the overly involved people off TBH. Those guys that can barely kick a ball that feel the need to buy the jerseys and wear them to the pub to watch soccer and scream at the tv when the team they support loses even though they have no connection with that club whatsoever, they just randomly choose to support that club.
    What about people who support eircom league teams.

Personally i'd ban GAA and rugby

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

then wtf is all this about?

Never mind that. When the player gets around to home base it's a run.

Someone else mentioned Darts. I think of it as a sport like i think of Archery as one.

Cricket for me like so many others. On second thoughts Curling is worse.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

What about people who support eircom league teams.

Personally i'd ban GAA and rugby
    Out of jealousy no doubt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Table tennis, all forms of Polo, Cricket matches that last more than a day, hockey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

horse jumping and that sport where they plait the horses mane.

totally pointless

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Soccer. So boring. Nearly fell asleep in the san siro, just ended up ignoring the match and chatting to Italians.

Golf is boring to watch until you learn to play or it zooms in on the ducks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Cricket as well.

Stopped me playing on a savage pitches so many times. Really pissed me off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

American "Football". Then I'd make all the players take up rugby. The padded pussies would all be dead in a week and their organs could be harvested. This in turn would lead to a reduction in transplant waiting lists and do so much good in the world.

Advertisement