Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Malahide

• 20-04-2008 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

Anbody know where we could stay, close to Malahide Castle, in June.
    We are going to the Eric Clapton concert and I cant find any campsites, anywhere near
    Thanks
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Camac Valley is the nearest one that I know of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Rush is nearer

I don't like it though, prepare to be "sardined"... 2ft or less between caravans & cars have to park behind them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

the only thing I can think of is if you head out from Malahide to Portmarnock... there is parking by the coast. Can't remember if you have to pay though. There are some car parks for the beach but they have height barriers.

There is likely to be parking restrictions in the area so I would ring malahide garda station and see if you can get an idea on how extensive they will be.

Another option is.... the is a small coast road from malahide along to the "Estuary Road" and there are a few laybys that you could slot into. Here is the road on the map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=malahide,+dublin&jsv=107.hc&ie=UTF8&ll=53.457291,-6.189251&spn=0.017887,0.045147&z=15&iwloc=addr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭earth mother

Hey. Many many thanks for all the suggestions.
    I had looked at Rush, but it seemed a long way from Malahide, and I have no idea if there is public transport.
    Just a little nervous of leaving the van unattended for such a long time. Don't know what sort of area it is?Passing transport? Boy racers?
    :(
    Thanks again. And any answers or more suggestions much appreciated

Thanks again. And any answers or more suggestions much appreciated[/quote]

Leave the van in a nearby caravan park and stay in a hotel or b&b near Malahide Castle:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

any of the places I mentioned are reasonable walking distance from the castle. It's no different from all the cars that will be parked there.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭octyvrs

i'd go with 3ps suggestion of estuary road or even a little further on to the sea road/caves strand, (just drag the map), which are just at the town centre so less of a walk. forget about rush as theres no direct bus link only rail and rush/lusks stations miles from rush itself. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭earth mother

bido wrote: »
    Leave the van in a nearby caravan park and stay in a hotel or b&b near Malahide Castle:)

And that's exactly what we're going to do. Going up in car instead and I booked a B&B last night. Jst in time, it seems, they are reluctant to take bookings when there is a concert on. Trouble last year, apparently. I had to persuade the landlady that Eric Clapton fans are probably 50+!!!! :o

Thanks again, everybody. Great help as usual from Boards

Well hope you enjoy the concert :)

Bido:)

Advertisement