Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grants

Options
  • 20-04-2008 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭

Ok im doing a degree going into third year next year. Its full time, i work 16 hours a week and recently move back in parents who both work full time. Im just wondering if i would be eligble for any grants. im 25 by the way. Thanks in advance

Comments

Hey rory,

Well, the first thing to consider is your circumstances when you entered college. At present, you're put into a category when you enter college. There are 3 - mature independent student, mature dependent student, and 'other than' those two. There are plans in the pipeline to create a fourth which would be non-mature (!) independent student, which would cover under 23 year olds when they are in college. The first two categories cover students who are over 23 on the 1st of January in the year they enter their college.

There's residency requirement, income limits and a whole lot of other stuff to be adhered to. Rather then running through everything, it might be an idea to have a quick look at some of the links in my signature. Most of them provide basic information about the grant scheme but for individual cases the best people to ask would be your Council or VEC since they admin the scheme.

If you've any questions though feel free to ask :)

Dónal

Advertisement