Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car GPS navigation

Options
  • 20-04-2008 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi guys.
    I'm going to have a big Europe trip by car this summer.
    Please help me to choose good GPS navigation device for this adventure.
    My car is Opel Vectra.

I was at TestFreaks and sorted GPS devices by score based on professional and user reviews:
    http://www.testfreaks.co.uk/gps-navigation-devices/?sort=score

It gives me TOP3:
    1. TomTom One 3rd Edition
    2. TomTom Go 720
    3. Garmin Nuvi 760

Hovewer I'm even don't know which device would be okay for my car, coz I'm absolutely newbie in such things.

Which one is the best? As I see TomTom is good brand. Right?
    What can you suggest me?
    I'm opened for any ideas.
    Thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

They'll all be ok for your car, kieff - you just stick a sucker on to your windscreen to hold the satnav steady, then plug the satnav's cord into your car lighter to power it, and away you go.

The *only* thing that sometimes interferes with them, as far as I know, is modern high-tech car windscreens - I've vaguely heard about this, and don't know the details. Since I drive a mature car, it doesn't bother me!

If you take a look on YouTube, searching for the names of the satnavs you mention, you'll probably find video reviews of all of them, which give you a bit of a guided tour.

Advertisement