Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spotting advise??

Options
  • 20-04-2008 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

hey guys
    just looking for a bit of advise used to spot alot when i was younger and haven't done it in a while and want to get back into it

which mornings are the best to catch nice pictures (i.e busy u.s flights etc)??

and what airband scanner would you recomend for a decent price and were to buy??

thanks in advance
    shutterspeed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

lol.......what airport?

Bearcat Scanners are very good, I have one that I've had for years...ebay/net cheapest

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shutterspeed

sorry :o dublin

cheers for the quick reply

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The lay-by by the RWY28 threshold is still probably most popular spot, although theres a large fence which can be a hindrance to photos...

Dublin is pretty much busy all the time, most hte US flights depart by mid-day though

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shutterspeed

cheers
    was at the spot alright on saturday got some nice photos of the air france cargo 747

will post them up soon
    Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

The bank to the left of RWY 28 (on the turn in to the long term car park) is a grand spot as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Best scanner is the Yupiteru MVT7100:)

Advertisement