Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband - Google Maps issues

Options
  • 20-04-2008 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Strange question but has anybody on BT Broadband had issues with google maps? For months, they haven't be working for me other the other 2 computers in my house (2 macs, 1 PC) - by not working I mean the maps themselves don't load up. One of the computers I have has had no problem with google maps when used on a different network. I haven't contact BT tech because firstly I've had nothing but bad experience with them on other issues and secondly I use a wireless modem that I bought myself and I know if I called them they would blame the issue on that modem rather than trying to fix it (google maps has worked with the modem in the past, btw).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭ongarite

No problems for me with Google or Yahoo Maps on BT 3MB package.

Try a different browser like Firefox or Opera if you are using Internet Explorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 scitilop

Sorry, should've mentioned that, I've used both firefox and safari on the macs and IE and safari on the PC and have had no success with any of them... I could try opera also but I'm guessing I won't have much luck

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

it works fine for me with bt on my pc, laptop and apple...

you must have a corrupt installiation.....completley delete it and try again.....

yip there tech support sucks....

you must have a corrupt installiation.....completley delete it and try again.....

You mean my installation through my modem settings?

Another frequent (almost daily) issue I have is that only google, gmail and selected other websites (including digiweb.ie for some strange reason) will load up, and I have to reboot my modem repeatedly to get it going again....that's a whole other story anyway!

Hmm sounds like a router config issue. Off the top of my head, how about changing the MTU size.

See this goole maps page:
    http://maps.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=10789

• Advertisement

thanks for the help. My MTU is currently 1492. What should I try it at?

Oh and i've been through the google maps FAQ but had no luck with that.

lots and lots of suggestions in google search for "google maps not loading".

Another one here:
    http://cocaman.ch/wp/2007/07/google-maps-syn-flood/

What make router do you have?

ongarite wrote: »
    lots and lots of suggestions in google search for "google maps not loading".

Another one here:
    http://cocaman.ch/wp/2007/07/google-maps-syn-flood/

What make router do you have?

Using philips SNA6500

Funny, I just checked my security log and have also had SYN flood from google ....

ongarite....thank you so much, your link led me to fixing this issue, would never have done it on my own :)

Cool, no worries..

Glad you got it sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement