Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New political party launches tomorrow?

Options
  • 20-04-2008 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

According to this website a new party will be launched in the Glenroyal Hotel Maynooth tomorrow.

The People’s Accountability, Transparency and Standards Party will launch tomorrow night at 8pm in the Glenroyal Hotel, Maynooth.

It was founded recently by Dr Florence Craven and Leo Armstrong - both of whom were active in political parties, FG and GP respectively.

They have a broad ranging manifesto and are deadly serious. It's their intention to run candidates across the country in the local elections.

As far as they're concerned, politics has failed the people and it is time for a return to basics so that people get value for their tax dollars and that public representatives and indeed public servants are accountable to the electorate.

Anyone know if it's true?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

i wish them a lot of luck.

They haven't got a hope though.

They have no USP other than being new.

They are utterly doomed to failure. They're focused on a broad church, they'll split on the first controversial issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cappoquin123

we need a party with new ideas ones who wont hide under the duvet of harmony not another FINE GAEL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

With a name like PATS Party ...what could possibly go wrong ?:D

I wish them the best of luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Interesting if true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Auditor #9

Akrasia wrote: »
    They have no USP other than being new.
    It sounds like you know of them - do you ?

If they had policies where they tried to introduce participatory budgets would you be interested?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

A party that aims to make our politicians more accountable, no-ones going to sit beside those guys in the Dail bar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭Riddle101

If they deal with the Health Care issue and Justice issue then i'll vote for them, if other then that i'm not at all interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Are Libertas planning to run candidates in the upcoming elections, would surprise me if they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Auditor #9 wrote: »
    Anyone know if it's true?

It is. Suffice to say I have some personal experience with this matter and I am expecting to lol heartily at this. I may even make a catpic in today's honour. If I wasn't busy elsewhere tonight, I would definitely go home to Kildare just to be at this launch.

Think Father Ted meets politics.

Catchy name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

We need diversity in Irish politics, but everything I've heard bout this lot seems to indicate that they want to out-Fine Gael Fine Gael, out Green the Greens, while having a nice chunk of the Progressive Democrats and Labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Riddle101 wrote: »
    If they deal with the Health Care issue and Justice issue then i'll vote for them, if other then that i'm not at all interested

every party says that they'll deal with the health care and justice issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Why can't Irish parties have actual opinions and political viewpoints, apart from "we're better than them other lads. They killed Mick Collins, you know."?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭duggie-89

have you a list or a link of they policies so far, i wonder where they stand on the economy and the nationalquestion, aswell as health and justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

nhughes100 wrote: »
    Are Libertas planning to run candidates in the upcoming elections, would surprise me if they didn't.

libertas is a "movement" apparently, not a political party. linky

Advertisement