Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

access to extreme forums

Options
  • 20-04-2008 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭

im getting confused that im now off the list to access the extreme forum as i got pm if i want to access it and agreed.Now its all backfired for some reason.Why did i get the pm in the first place,i think its not fair:confused:

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I believe that what took place was that you were banned from the parent forum (Body Modification). Then you were unbanned from the parent forum. When that happens, the script that unbans you automatically sets your access to "allow access" for all child forums.

It was a mistake that you were given access in the first place and the mistake has just been corrected. There's no issue with regard to fairness or anything. There are forums on this site that I've accidentally been given access to. I wouldn't call it unfair that the access was subsequently taken away from me.

I accept that in this case the moderator asked you if you wanted to keep your access, but it seems that you don't particularly have an interest in extreme body mod. It's a private forum, so you have to understand that the access rights are up to the individual moderators and / or the users in that forum. If you don't share ther common interest, it's unlikely that you'll be allowed access.

Just take it that you never had access in the first place because you were never supposed to have access. It's not a big deal really. I wouldn't get too upset about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

I believe that what took place was that you were banned from the parent forum (Body Modification). Then you were unbanned from the parent forum. When that happens, the script that unbans you automatically sets your access to "allow access" for all child forums.

It was a mistake that you were given access in the first place and the mistake has just been corrected. There's no issue with regard to fairness or anything. There are forums on this site that I've accidentally been given access to. I wouldn't call it unfair that the access was subsequently taken away from me.

I accept that in this case the moderator asked you if you wanted to keep your access, but it seems that you don't particularly have an interest in extreme body mod. It's a private forum, so you have to understand that the access rights are up to the individual moderators and / or the users in that forum. If you don't share ther common interest, it's unlikely that you'll be allowed access.

Just take it that you never had access in the first place because you were never supposed to have access. It's not a big deal really. I wouldn't get too upset about it.
    yes the moderator asked me if i wanted to keep my access and why do you i think i dont take any interest in extreme as i already told the moderator i do have the interest in that forum as long as i remmember.I have seen it all before and nope i have no problem with it at all.Can you clarify what this means "allow access" for all child forums?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

What I'm saying to you is that it's not your choice - it's down to the moderators and users of the forum in question. It doesn't matter whether you have a problem with the forum or not, or even if you're interested in it - it's down to the forum moderators whether you have access because it's a private forum.

It's the same thing as the Sex & Sexuality forum: most people I know have an interest in sex and sexuality and I know very few people who have a problem with it. Still, though, it's up to the moderators of the forum whether people get access or not.

Parent forum = the main forum (here, it's Body Modification)
    Child forums = the sub-forums of the main forum (here, Extreme Body Mod).

The way the software works on this site is that your account will give you access to post in all the public forums unless you get banned. By default, you won't be able to post in the Private forums. That is because you are not "allowed access", whereas you are "allowed access" to public forums. When you get banned from a forum, the moderator has to set your access to the forum from their control panel. They do this by putting your name in and clicking a button saying, "deny access". Once this is done, your account can no longer let you view the forum.

When you were unbanned from the main forum (Body Modification), the software updated your access to the forum so that it's set to "allow access" but because of a problem with the software, that automatically gives you access to the sub-forums as well. The moderators here didn't intend to give you access. It was a mistake. It has been corrected now.

I hope this clears things up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

thanks for the info hullaballú as for clearing things up im still not happy about it.At the end of the day its up to the mods to decide.cheers.

Advertisement