Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best way to upload 40Gb...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

for anyone else in the same boat in dublin, DCU have open wifi anywhere on campus with quality upload speeds. i've uploaded 5 or 6 gigs in one sitting before

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Could this be of any use? :p
    254997577.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Trinity might be a nice option!! ;)

Link

(40 gigabytes) / (68 063 kbps) = 1.36941886 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭lotas

ohhh.... does Trinity have open Wifi Access? if not, DCU sounds interesting. might do some war driving around and see what i can find! at 68,000k/s, i think you might start hitting problems with the speed of light (http://blogs.smugmug.com/don/2007/03/08/amazon-s3-the-speed-of-light-problem/) and hard drive speeds....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

They dont... you have to be a student... those speeds were achieved in the library connected by LAN, wireless has much lower speeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭lotas

Its grand lads. after driving around the UCD campus for about half an hour, i found a few wireless points, all free... now to find the best spot to work from...

Advertisement