Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh food in supermarkets

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭suzi-suz

oblivious wrote: »
    was that cooked in store or by you?

i bought it cooked wouldnt mind if i cooked it myself then it would probably be my own fault

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

suzi-suz wrote: »
    got some " fresh " chicken in tesco on monday and was with the doctor on tuesday myself and my son got food poisoning from the chicken so word of warning tesco chickens are not always as fresh as they say they are.... imagine if a pregnant woman had eaten it.

i have been in contact with the branch i bought the chicken from and they tried to pay me off....seems i was not the first to complain, how they think they can sell products that clearly are not fresh and get away with it is disgraceful

How can you get food poisoning with a well cooked chicken? Did you wash your hands thoroughly after touching the raw chicken?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

How can you get food poisoning with a well cooked chicken? Did you wash your hands thoroughly after touching the raw chicken?

Read post # 32

i don't know how i got food poisoning from the chicken, maybe it wasn't cooked properly...i didn't touch raw chicken it was cooked in store. i have since found out that a neighbour bought a cooked chicken in the same branch and herself and her husband were both sick after....so seem something is not right!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I was in a Tesco a few weeks ago, and saw a packet of prawns sitting out on the "discounted" trolley. That's just unsafe! Who knows how long they'd been sitting there at room temperature?

• Advertisement

they also have fresh bread and cakes not covered but out in the open where people are coughing and sneezing and touching. i have seen fresh or almost fresh meats sitting in trolleys at discounted prices. why do they do this?

Advertisement