Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goth / Alternative Shops in Ireland

• 21-04-2008 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm compiling a list of all the gothic/alternative shops around Ireland for an Irish alt site and I must admit it's proving a lil trickier than first thought as google isn't much help!

I'm looking for the likes of Asha in Dublin, Miss Fantasia, Moonshine in Cork, Chaos in Galway etc..

Any of you know of any similar shops in other parts of the country? What else am I missing out on?

Goth, alternative, fetish etc..!

If you happened to have addresses to it would be marvellous!!

Cheers guys! ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

There's one on the quays beside the Instrumental Music shop in Dublin city Centre, dont know its name though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hysteria Alternative Clothing
    16 Bachelors Walk
    Dublin 1

http://dominion.gothic.ie/guide/#shops
    Goth Shopping

After Dark
    - 4 Upper Fownes St, Temple Bar, Dublin 2 (Beside Central Bank, above Flip). alternative shop!
    Hysteria
    - 16 Bachelors Walk, Dublin 1 http://www.myspace.com/hysteria_alt_clothing
    Hells-A-Boppin
    - 3 Crow Street, (Beside the back of the Foggy Dew) Temple Bar, Dublin 2. 01 6336965 {newest clothes shop If you're into rockabilly / psychobilly /horror /zombies, they have t-shirts, jackets, workshirts, buckles, necklaces, dresses, skirts, patches and other such stuff.} http://www.myspace.com/hellsaboppin
    Asha
    - top of St Stephen's Green Shopping Centre. Mostly geared for the spooky kids, but has leather trousers and can at times get some nice tops, skirts and dresses http://www.ashaboutique.com/ [site gone]
    George's Arcade
    - South Great George's St - has all sorts of knicknacks... The Old Pine-(candles & so forth), retro stuff, records & CD stalls, book stalls etc. Made to design jewellery and lots of other stuff... Jenny Vander (vintage stuff) has moved across the road.
    Sé-Sí Progressive
    - 11 Fownes Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2 - retro but can get some gems.
    The Nile
    - Egyptian stall also on the top floor of St Stephen's Green Shopping Centre.
    Ad-Hoc
    - Crown Alley, Temple Bar.
    Zerep
    - loads of them - Henry St, Liffey St, Grafton St - for your New Rocks & Docs plus others.
    Schuh
    - O'Connell St & Jervis St Shopping Centre - also for boots & shoes.
    Miss Fantasia
    - 25 South William Street, Dublin 2. Tel: (01) 6713734 - for your pvc & rubber gear.
    Ann Summers
    - O'Connell St, Dublin 1 - for the upmarket fetishy female wear.
    Utopia
    - Capel St, Dublin 1 - another "adult" shop.
    House of Astrology
    - Parliament Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2 Tel: (01) 6793404. New Age type - sells incense, books, crystals and will do astrology charts http://www.houseofastrology.net/
    Sub City
    - Exchequer St, Dublin 2. Tel: (01) 6771902 - comics
    Forbidden Planet
    - Crampton Quay, Dublin 1. Tel: (01) 6710688 - comics, figures, sf books etc.
    Skanger
    - (low-life) fashion boutique shops eg the ones on Liffey St Lwr - great for getting bits and pieces like lacy tops...
    Charity shops
    - these are dotted everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭boardsie08

Wow, that's brilliant!!

Thanks a mill guys, just the sort of thing I was looking for, cheers! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Modesty clothing fox's bow limerick.
    The edge, in the milk market Limerick. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

The Funky Skunk on the South Terrace in Cork.

I miss Ancogram :(

• Advertisement

Living Dead Girl, do you live in Cork?

I'm going down there shopping next week, would love to know what the alt shops down there are.. and where they are! :)

Am I imagining things or is there a Moonshine shop in Cork? A small pokey place somewhere?

Thanks for any info!: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

The Funky Skunk on the South Terrace in Cork.

I miss Ancogram :(

It's on George's Quay now - it move around a lot!

See the shiney website: http://www.thefunkyskunk.ie/ :)

Boardsie08, are you looking for more hippyish shops as well or is it just goth ones? There's sometimes a bit of cross-over between the two.

Mainly more gothic ones, but I'm open to all alternative alternatives! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

the funky skunk and moonshine are really the only two in cork there is a hippy place just off castle street( the name evades me) it has all the fair trade clothes. what was ancogram again?i remember the name but not the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Waterford:

beyond therapy and pure(deadly skate shop upstairs), there near the apple market in waterford.
    and theres a new one in georges court , really small but it does have some nice stuf in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Rifle

I know I'm a bit late to the party but here's my two cents...

The one on Castle street is called Andean Spirit now. Nice place, but hemp clothing is really expensive (I don't mean just here, but in general...).

Utopianation on Barrack street used to do kind of hippy clothes, now I'm not so sure - http://www.utopianation.com

What about Hale Bopp on Paul Street...Is that still there?

I like to make my own clothes from crepé paper and old bottle caps...but that's just me...

• Registered Users Posts: 48 NeonAddict

boardsie08 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I'm compiling a list of all the gothic/alternative shops around Ireland for an Irish alt site and I must admit it's proving a lil trickier than first thought as google isn't much help!

I'm looking for the likes of Asha in Dublin, Miss Fantasia, Moonshine in Cork, Chaos in Galway etc..

Any of you know of any similar shops in other parts of the country? What else am I missing out on?

Goth, alternative, fetish etc..!

If you happened to have addresses to it would be marvellous!!

Cheers guys! ;)

dont know many shops in dublin myself that sell nice clothes,but will you be able to give me a linky to the website your making when your done with it.sounds interesting .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

There is also a Funky Skunk in Killarney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Lia_lia wrote: »
    There is also a Funky Skunk in Killarney.

Thought the Funky Skunk was more of a head shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Oh I don't know, whatever.
    Thy sell a few clothes/jewellery etc so it's not just a head shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 gunslinger1987

Where's good in Dublin for alternative lads clothes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

fresh garbage in belfast

Advertisement