Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday gig

Options
  • 21-04-2008 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions on gigs tomorrow (Monday) night?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

I'll likely check out the '2fm 2MORO 2OUR' gig at the Roisin, as it's free and I'm not actually working that night for once. The Jazz band at bar 903 on Mondays is quite good if you're into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Sebadoh are playing in Roisíns tomorrow night if you can keep your powder dry till then

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

That looks interesting .... I've a friend in town, that's why I was interested in showing her some Galway nightlife tonight ... might check out that jazz gig ... not to be hijacking my own thread or anything but is there a decent guide to events in Galway? entertainment.ie and whatsoningalway are both $h17e for small/local listings.

If ur at 903 b4 9:15 you get in free (and may get a table). Don't expect ease of conversation though - volume is gig loud, not background music loud.

Galway Advertiser has the bulk of entertainment info (and festivals and the like), but you have to cobble together from other places as well. Most pubs (ie 903, Kings Head, etc.) really have the same set of acts each week. Otherwise check the Roisin's website, and a couple other places have gigs - I'd say De Burgos and An Pucan tend to host whoever books them (so they vary massively outside a couple regular nights), and Sally Longs of course if you like your harder stuff.

PB - may see ya at the Sebadoh gig (Monday and Tuesday off - exciting stuff), if I can stomach the cover for a band I remember much more in theory than in practice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

tristanc wrote: »
    If ur at 903 b4 9:15 you get in free (and may get a table). Don't expect ease of conversation though - volume is gig loud, not background music loud.

Galway Advertiser has the bulk of entertainment info (and festivals and the like), but you have to cobble together from other places as well. Most pubs (ie 903, Kings Head, etc.) really have the same set of acts each week. Otherwise check the Roisin's website, and a couple other places have gigs - I'd say De Burgos and An Pucan tend to host whoever books them (so they vary massively outside a couple regular nights), and Sally Longs of course if you like your harder stuff.

PB - may see ya at the Sebadoh gig (Monday and Tuesday off - exciting stuff), if I can stomach the cover for a band I remember much more in theory than in practice ;)

hahah... yeah I know the feeling, I don't think I'm going to make it in myself, I'd probably just show up, demand 'beauty of the ride' and leave anyway!

• Advertisement

tristanc - good meeting up with you guys last night. I sensibly went home before Roisins closed (barely!) and then drank beer with my mate for another few hours. Ouch! I'm feeling my age. Not well today after so much booze and so little sleep. I also blame the bierhaus, was in there for a few earlier on. That's where the real damage is usually done, damn them and their fancy beers. Learn from my mistakes people, the expression "Give me something stronger than the last time" was used once too often (it's always the last one that does the damage ;))

I was ****ing mangled. I think I was still drunk at like half two this afternoon. I probably have instant liver cirrhosis.

Don't think I'll be making it climbing this eve (or to Sebadoh for that matter).

tristanc wrote: »
    Don't think I'll be making it climbing this eve (or to Sebadoh for that matter).

Hmm, yes, there was talk of climbing. Does it count if it's horizontal climbing, in a crawling across the floor type fashion?

Advertisement