Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MOAN: Sick of Hype - Just want to play it

• 21-04-2008 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

I don't think I can take any more videos or snippets of news about what else is included in the game. I just want to play it. I'm going to have to avoid the internet for the next week. It's going to be great, we all know it's going to be great, we're not even cynical about the hype. But, I would like something about the game to be a freaking surprise and not something I read about already. That is all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Yep...I just want to get involved.

I do find video podcasts discussing the game to be alright though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

F-Stop wrote: »
    I don't think I can take any more videos or snippets of news about what else is included in the game. I just want to play it. I'm going to have to avoid the internet for the next week. It's going to be great, we all know it's going to be great, we're not even cynical about the hype. But, I would like something about the game to be a freaking surprise and not something I read about already. That is all.
    you haven't even seen gameplay footage yet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

but we have seen gameplay footage, that last trailer was 70% in game footage, rockstar even said it themselves, they said it took the player about an hour to get that 180 degree spin away from the cops done to perfection.

they turned off the HUD just to make it more cinematic like.

Cremo wrote: »
    but we have seen gameplay footage, that last trailer was 70% in game footage, rockstar even said it themselves.

they turned off the HUD just to make it more cinematic like.
    Oh hush, you know exactly what I mean, I mean footage of someone playing the game, someone actually controlling the character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Stop that ShaneU. Seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ShaneU wrote: »
    Oh hush, you know exactly what I mean, I mean footage of someone playing the game, someone actually controlling the character.
    i fail to see the difference tbh.

Cremo wrote: »
    i fail to see the difference tbh.
    Anyone can make a game look brilliant through cinematic trailers, that's the difference, not that I'm doubting the game will be anything short of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Lads. I think you are taking this off topic. The last thing I want is another reason to want to be playing the game right now. Let's talk about puppies and bunny rabbits and stuff.

F-Stop wrote: »
    Lads. I think you are taking this off topic. The last thing I want is another reason to want to be playing the game right now. Let's talk about puppies and bunny rabbits and stuff.
    How is it off-topic exactly? Quit whinging. You said you want something in the game to be a surprise, and my point was you haven't even seen genuine gameplay footage yet. I'm surprised it hasn't been leaked this close to release tbh.

Advertisement