Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

OO7's Aston Martin wrecked.

Options
  • 21-04-2008 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

One of 007's Aston Martins was wrecked yesterday while being delivered to the set. The DBS, one of five cars used in the new James Bond movie was being delivered by Aston Martin at around 7 a.m. yesterday morning, bad weather at the time was being blamed for the accident.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Thats painfull to see. Wonder did the driver escape ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Oh dear! :(

Is that in the northern Italian lake region by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Driver injured but not sure how bad. The damage is nothing to Aston Martin with the amount publicity and advertising they will get out of this movie. They had five of these cars lined up for it and probably expect all of them to be written off at some time by the end of the set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It crashed into Lake Garda, driver swam to safety and was released from hospital with only minor injuries but a major dent in his ego!:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The Poor Car :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

junkyard wrote: »
    It crashed into Lake Garda, driver swam to safety and was released from hospital with only minor injuries but a major dent in his ego!:D

Maybe he thought he was driving the lotus from the spy who loved me... :rolleyes:

Lotus_Esprit_007_Submarine_front_quarter.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

That's pretty bad news in a week when this http://newsbiscuit.com/article/james-bond-faces-further-hike-in-insurance-premium

also happened to him. That could cost him!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear :(

Thing to remember is, they'd probably wreck one or two on set anyway a la the Italian Job (both of 'em).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

looks better that way... never was a fan of the under powered austin martin. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Reminds me of this Audi New Zealand advert i saw last year. :D

audi_bmw_quattro_ad.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

I've been old this was one of the Good DBS' for the movie, they have other cars that were built to be crashed but this was not one of them.

It crashed into Lake Garda

Ah, I was close. I've never been to Lake Garda, but it looks very much like the northern lakes (although they are a lot smaller)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I hope Bond had water damage ticked. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭alfarocks

So what, cars crash every day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

RedorDead wrote: »
    Reminds me of this Audi New Zealand advert i saw last year. :D

audi_bmw_quattro_ad.jpg

I've just laughed my head off looking at that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i wonder what mister bond was doing at them time when he was driving ?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

The names Pond, James Pond.....bubble 07.
    Sorry...couldn't resist it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I love they way they blame "bad weather", nothing mentioned about the lunatic "delivering" the car, must have been Swift Post or Express Parcel or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I love they way they blame "bad weather", nothing mentioned about the lunatic "delivering" the car, must have been Swift Post or Express Parcel or something.

From the pics the OP posted, the weather looks almost perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Definitely Lake Garda, I was there last week and everything was being set up for filming which began on 15th April. The cast and crew are staying at a hotel called the Hotel Du Lac in Riva del Garda on the north shore of the lake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I wonder is it the car from this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055278840

It cetainly would have a 6 month waiting list! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

:D Slow Down Folks!

The names Pond, James Pond.....bubble 07.
    Sorry...couldn't resist it.

ROFL :D

Advertisement