Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

radio show to podcast

• 21-04-2008 1:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

i'd love to be able to legally download an hour of say virgin radio

is there any websites offering to download an hour or 2 of a radio station with songs played ect for free

not looking for anything illegal, I just want to have new songs/new artists play on my mp3 player occasionally

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

mukki wrote: »
    i'd love to be able to legally download an hour of say virgin radio

is there any websites offering to download an hour or 2 of a radio station with songs played ect for free

not looking for anything illegal, I just want to have new songs/new artists play on my mp3 player occasionally
    Talk radio is really the only thing podcastable.

Music can't be distributed the same way as money needs to go back to the record company/artist for every play on the radio, every purchase, every download etc.

But there's loads of decent radio shows podcasted. Just look up your favourite radio stations website and you'll probably find some.

Or even the new Boardscasts (which are great).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

There are some podcasts that feature unsigned artists, but are not as long as an hour or so.

I can think of three.....

Phantom

XFM London features samples of new releases, but not full songs. Not been updated in the last couple of weeks, though.

BBC Radio Ulster's Across The Line. Unsigned.

Advertisement