Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left my jacket in the GyPO

Options
  • 21-04-2008 1:57am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Went in there at 10pm on Wednesday after the match, absolutely steaming. Put my coat in the cloak room and only remembered about it on Friday. I couldn't find the ticket and I went into the Drum Friday eve and asked the guy about it. He checked the book and couldn't find it noted down (it was a navy Munster jacket), however there was a 'navy NZ Canterbury coat' so I asked him to check just in case (the Muntster coat had a Canterbury logo on the left) but he came back and said it wasn't the one.

I assumed that some chancer had found my dropped ticket and gone and claimed it as theirs, but then on Saturday I found the ticket in my wallet O_o
    Did the guy in the Drum think I might have been lying about it being mine as I didn't have a ticket, or did one of the pikeys working in the GPO make off with my coat?

I presume there's some small print saying they're not responsible for my belongings despite me paying for them to hang it on a ****ing rail :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Well I doubt they care about one jacket (especially a Munster one no offence).There is plenty of so called knackes that will chance there arm in there.

TBH I find the staff sound in there and never had a problem with them in the 5 years I have been in Galway and I would not think they steal a jacket.

Go back and ask to see that jacket that you think is yours, and don't post on a public forum claiming staff robbed off you ,calling them names(pikeys) like that is a disgrace,if I worked there I would find this a MASSIVE insult!!

Why are you mad at them when YOU cant even collect your own jacket,you say you forget about it for two days then claim the staff robbed it seriously get a grip!

If I worked there I would ask for this thread to be deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

If I worked there I would ask for this thread to be deleted

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Lol gob_smacked. OP why don't you go back there now you found the ticket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Pub07

Why are you mad at them when YOU cant even collect your own jacket,you say you forget about it for two days then claim the staff robbed it seriously get a grip!

Well, if they didn't rob it where is it? If the OP goes back with his ticket now and they dont have it has obviously been robbed, either that or it got up and walked out itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

cL0h well if some one called me a theif or a pikey I would find it a major insult dont you and since you cant single one person out your calling everyone in there a thief.

Anyway I dont work but Id say what happened is some one blagged his way and has his jacket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Headline: "Drunk boardsie looses jacket in club, blames staff and knackers" :D

As Sherifu said, try going back this afternoon and see if it's still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Afaik you paid for them to hold your jacket, they are supposed to hold onto them for 8 weeks until a point which they give them to s.v.d.p / trocaire etc.
    If you still have the ticket and the jacket is not there they have to pay for the jacket (so long as you still have the ticket, or its not one from somewhere else) because they obviously gave the wrong jacket to someone or had it stolen. Either way its not your fault.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

haha gob_smacked you definitely lived up to your username, chillax big chap I was only joking - I like the GPO :)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭3greenrizla's

I like the GYPO, don't think I have ever had a bad night there, why not have a boards beers there sometime (not that I've ever been to one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

Have ya gone back with the ticket yet and seen what they said? God knows how many "I think I left my jacket here several days ago but I don't have my ticket" people they get every week.

As for board's beers there - I think a good number of boardies are over 18 ;)

• Advertisement

I like it on Monday, although I rarely go out then, as it's full of people I know (Corrib Village >_>). Wednesday's are class because of the music (it's impossible to look silly dancing to 80s music and you know it). Thursdays I'd rather Cuba though.

Everyone says it's a kip, and I see their point, but I think secrelty that's why I love it - not poncy and up its own arse like CPs et al

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

too drunk to remember a jacket = too stupid to own a jacket.

GPO is great on a Wednesday night for 80's night.

Also the guy there probably thought you were a chancer and wanting a new jacket. You don't have to be a knacker to take a jacket! Go back there with your ticket, explain your predicament and see what can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

OP: Put the ticket in the cloakroom Wednesday, go back for it without a ticket on Friday and get fobbed off, then put it up on the net at 1:57 on Monday morning, presumably after a feed of pints, having found the ticket but not gone back with it. Then post 2 more times but completely ignore the point of your own thread in the 2 posts.

I want to hear what happened when you went back with your ticket, with a reply from the GPO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 PeterVenkman

Went in there at 10pm on Wednesday after the match, absolutely steaming. Put my coat in the cloak room and only remembered about it on Friday. I couldn't find the ticket and I went into the Drum Friday eve and asked the guy about it. He checked the book and couldn't find it noted down (it was a navy Munster jacket), however there was a 'navy NZ Canterbury coat' so I asked him to check just in case (the Muntster coat had a Canterbury logo on the left) but he came back and said it wasn't the one.

I assumed that some chancer had found my dropped ticket and gone and claimed it as theirs, but then on Saturday I found the ticket in my wallet O_o
    Did the guy in the Drum think I might have been lying about it being mine as I didn't have a ticket, or did one of the pikeys working in the GPO make off with my coat?

I presume there's some small print saying they're not responsible for my belongings despite me paying for them to hang it on a ****ing rail :mad:

Hi,
    Your jacket may have been handed out to the wrong person by mistake, and clubs are legally obliged to old on to belongings that have been paid into the cloakroom for a minimum of 8 weeks.
    If you still have your ticket, and your jacket was given out accidentally then the GPO will have to replace the price of your item.
    You can email the GPO's General Manager (and all round nice guy) Alex here:<<alex@gpo.ie>>
    They can & will check CCTV footage...

Cheerds bud! I sent him an email just now with the description of the coat and the ticket details etc.

The real mystery however, is why I was in the GPO at 10:11pm?! Is the club even open that early, or has the ticket machine just not been put forward +1 hour? :confused::D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭gd1987

I left my jacket in there before, got so drunk I forgot about it. Couldn't find my ticket either so didn't bother. Then by chance i was in there about two months later and found a cloakroom ticket in my wallet, my jacket was still there the whole time!

Tried to leave it there till I was going home, nope your one made me pay again:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

gd1987 wrote: »
    Tried to leave it there till I was going home, nope your one made me pay again:rolleyes:

you're lucky she didn't charge you for every night it was in :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 scaradhg

i put my new cardigan in to the "safe" hands of the girls in cuba nightclub...trust me i wasnt drunk...as i left about an hour later but i mustve dropped my ticket in the toilet or sumthin-I know carelessness but easily done-anyway I knew they'd be quite ****ty to me as I know one of the girls-friend of a friend,but they refused to give me my cardigan and said it was policy-even though it was right in front of me on the rail-I asked the bouncer again to check for me,he was a friend of my work friend but they sed they didnt have the cardigan in the cloak room-the girl accused me of being drunk-I wasnt drinking as I had work at 6.30 in the hospital the next morning....a week later,I was in the kings head with the friend of a friend that knew the girl in the cloak room-the bitch was wearing my 109 e cardigan from topshop and smiled at me.....I hope she freezes her ass off wherever she is now...bitch!

no ticket no coat

is it that hard for people to ****ing understand

• Advertisement

scaradhg wrote: »
    i put my new cardigan in to the "safe" hands of the girls in cuba nightclub...trust me i wasnt drunk... i mustve dropped my ticket in the toilet or sumthin-I know carelessness but easily done-
    errrrr

show me how its easily done to drop your ticket down the toilet. jesus christ some people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

DRakE wrote: »
    errrrr

show me how its easily done to drop your ticket down the toilet.

No toilet paper at hand?

drake get a grip-chip on ur shoulder...my point is the girl took my cardigan and knew it was my cardigan-i knew her...read the thread again...and dont think its nt easy to lose things in the ladies...it was in my pocket and obviously i went to wash my hands(women do dat) and i lost it..the bouncer knew it was mine...and actually for ur information.....admitted to me the girl had robbed it....they do it quite frequently....so cuimeal mo bhállaí A BHASTAIRT

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

so cuimeal mo bhállaí A BHASTAIRT
    ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭JavaBear

DRakE wrote: »
    no ticket no coat

is it that hard for people to ****ing understand

qft

drake get a grip-chip on ur shoulder...my point is the girl took my cardigan and knew it was my cardigan-i knew her...read the thread again...and dont think its nt easy to lose things in the ladies...it was in my pocket and obviously i went to wash my hands(women do dat) and i lost it..the bouncer knew it was mine...and actually for ur information.....admitted to me the girl had robbed it....they do it quite frequently....so cuimeal mo bhállaí A BHASTAIRT

Hi,
    If you're 100% certain that it was your cardie (you bought it in Topshop, could be many exactly the same around the town) then you should mail <<jason@cuba.ie>> and explain your case.
    If the doorman admitted to you that it was stolen, then you should reference him when sending the mail.
    Regards,
    Dr. V

they do it quite frequently....so cuimeal mo bhállaí A BHASTAIRT

Also, as someone who works in that premises quite regularly, I'd be very surprised if that was the case. It just wouldn't be tolerated, and I'd vouch for any staff member.

Like has been stated before; Topshop probably have loads of the same cardigan. Meaning other people will have the same one. It would probably be a good idea to have evidence before making wild accusations. I have always found the staff of Cuba to be really good, especially the cloakroom attendants.

If you lose your ticket, that is your own problem. And I am glad the staff didn't help you just because you were a friend of a friend.

Also, as someone who works in that premises quite regularly, I'd be very surprised if that was the case. It just wouldn't be tolerated, and I'd vouch for any staff member.

listen this was never meant to offend-but that girl doesnt work there anymore and she did take it...the bouncer told me-that she joked about it....dont tell me im accusing anyone when it has been sed to me that she took it...the girl i worked with even sed she came home all the time with stuff from cuba...im just saying-not everyone is like that in there-please dont get me wrong,but she did take the damn thing n iv never accused anyone but she did.Right

• Advertisement

sáigh id phoill é!
    Like has been stated before; Topshop probably have loads of the same cardigan. Meaning other people will have the same one. It would probably be a good idea to have evidence before making wild accusations. I have always found the staff of Cuba to be really good, especially the cloakroom attendants.

If you lose your ticket, that is your own problem. And I am glad the staff didn't help you just because you were a friend of a friend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement