Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA IV Will you play it before it's out ?????

• 21-04-2008 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Ok we all no that alot of xbox 360 owners get to get there hands on games before they are out

Question is if you are one off them will you play it as soon as you get your hands on it or wait for the relace do you think MS have any way to no if you have played a game before its out would you risk a ban from live to play it a week early

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

You won't get banned if you play GTA4 early, if anyone is worried, no-one's ever been banned for playing a retail game before release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 popinfresh101

I had halo 3 about 4-5 weeks before it was out but i didnt play it thinking about it i still havent played it thats the probluem when you get games for free it was just with one off the live ban waves people were thinking it could be down to playing some games early

I just dont thik its a good idea to play a game you get early online before its out

Im sure Gta will have more then enough to keep people happy on and offline :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

How would they get it early?

Hardly any shops will break the street date.

I had halo 3 about 4-5 weeks before it was out but i didnt play it thinking about it i still havent played it thats the probluem when you get games for free it was just with one off the live ban waves people were thinking it could be down to playing some games early

I just dont thik its a good idea to play a game you get early online before its out

Im sure Gta will have more then enough to keep people happy on and offline :D
    Oh right, you can be banned for downloading games onto a modded console of course, I'm talking about getting the retail version early.

Holsten wrote: »
    How would they get it early?

Hardly any shops will break the street date.
    Bring it home, play it, pay for it after release date...that's one way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 popinfresh101

Most sene relace games are out before the relace dates they have there ways off geting there hands on them early now lets hope they get there hands on gta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

come on it would be a little patethic if you think about it.

the last gta was 4 years ago and playing the game before the release date will not get you banned from xbox live at all but it will, (i think myself) raise a few eyebrows on your console if you do.(just a thought)

i for one can wait the extra few days to play the game i think i have waited this long i will enjoy the anticipation for the game as its getting closer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

you'll only get banned if you get the game illegally. If some shop happens to SELL it to you before the 29th, MS, or Sony for that matter, can't ban you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Most sene relace games are out before the relace dates they have there ways off geting there hands on them early now lets hope they get there hands on gta

What? Try pirating Typing of the Dead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I will have it sunday or monday and you better fúcking believe ill be playing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Hows u getting it early? Im getting midnight release 28th Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Anybody know of anyone who has it yet ???

This is the only person i came across

http://profile.mygamercard.net/corimi

Now that i think of it he could have got banned because he hasnt been online since the start of the month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

And he's last played it on the 8th of April, so it could be a really **** game :D

Kanney wrote: »
    Hows u getting it early? Im getting midnight release 28th Monday.

Lad in GameStop who gives me games as soon as they get them in store, i give him the money but he doesnt ring it through until the day of release so nothing looks strange on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Melion wrote: »
    Lad in GameStop who gives me games as soon as they get them in store, i give him the money but he doesnt ring it through until the day of release so nothing looks strange on the system.

You goin to plug out your network cable before playing? Dont think they can really ban someone for playing early

Im not on Live anymore, not for another 2 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Not unless retailers sell it to me early. I'll be spending money on the game to help fund and encourage more games of its ilk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Why, if you can get a copy early, would you wait until release day to play? sounds a bit stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Don't think that it is hitting shops until the Monday before release. Am getting it when it arrives in a mates store but 24 hours early isn't exactly a major bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Bazuki

Why do people KEEP saying "Oh, you'll get banned for playing it early right?"

The only people who get in crap for you playing it early is the shop you bought it from. It's not your fault it was sold to you early, you did nothing "wrong".

When Halo 3 came out MS even put out a press release saying that noone was banned for playing it early.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dlane99

I'm sure some of people will get it on the 28th, thats a given.
    What I'd like to know is, if you did manage to get the game before the 28th and went Live to join a MP game, how easy it would be to find a game?
    You think there would be many online in the next 7 days?
    Devs or testers maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya,you probably will get banned.One guy got banned after he stupidly went online playing Halo 3 a few weeks before it came out.

titan18 wrote: »
    Ya,you probably will get banned.One guy got banned after he stupidly went online playing Halo 3 a few weeks before it came out.
    That was an illegal build he was playing. No-one will get banned for playing this early.

dont really spend any time in this section (Didn't even know GTA had its own sub-board) as im usually in the WWE section but anyway.

Can't remember where i heard this, but i have been in so many arguments over the logic that i am not getting into another.

MS WILL Be giving a lifetime ban to everyone who plays this game before the official release date, despite them obtaining it legally or otherwise.

Whilst i personally dont understand that logic thats what WILL happen.

Just a word of caution for anyone who gets it earlier.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Definitive statements with no facts to back it up? I'm convinced! :rolleyes:

You know the rule, links or it didn't happen!

No. i didnt know that rule. As i say, i never posted in this section before.

And if you want a link then this is the best i can do, as i say, i cant remember where i heard it, but i can remember one of the sites where i was arguing about it. you may have to read through a lot of posts and pages to get the idea though (the link leaves you at page 40 just continue from there)

http://wfigs.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=Videogames&action=display&thread=61982&page=40

I'm also pretty sure IGN confirmed it (but not 100%)

so...?

A wrestling forum? :D MS WILL NOT BAN ANYONE WHO BOUGHT IT EARLY, how many times do I have to say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

A mate of mine used to work with MS, specically on xbox stuff. they got everything (finished versions, boxes and all) weeks and ocassionally months before relesae with the caveat that they were expressly forbidden to take their machines online. they would have been sacked.

I realise its not the exact same thing but it gives and indication of how MS might respond to people playing games ahead of release dates. At the very least thay might want to know how you got it and there is no legitimate way to get it ahead of Tuesday.

I would suggest that bannings aren't likely but not impossible.

I havnt been banned yet :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Do share where you got it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'm telling on you evad! If I don't get a copy today then I am ratting you out!

who's dave? rat me out to who? :confused:

ninjalike edit!
    I'm telling that is all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've got it too (plus the next GTA in the series)..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

lol this is borderline stupidity tbh

how can you get banned for playing games early? how can ms prove you did or did not buy it legally from a shop?

Do not be ridiculous, even if ms got onto or banned you, simply replying to them that you got it from a shop covers your arse,

if you got it through illegal means jsut dont log online....simple...

some people are awfully silly...

id say ill probably get my gta before its released, privalage of working ina shop that sells games

we will see if iget banned

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    I've got it too (plus the next GTA in the series)..

lol, hows the next one? Where's it set? Can I be your friend?

lol, hows the next one? Where's it set? Can I be your friend?
    The next one is more ol' school GTA with an overhead view.

It's actually set in Co Carlow... very slick!

And to your last question, a/s/l (animal/slug/lemming)?

wow, youre from the future?

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    wow, youre from the future?
    Don't be daft..

... I'm actually from an alternate future where cars drive you!

some random guy sent me a message on xbox live and he said to stop playing it or I will get banned. I asked him who he was and he says nobody but he is just lookin out for a fellow gamer as people have been getting banned. what a load of bull/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

some random guy sent me a message on xbox live and he said to stop playing it or I will get banned. I asked him who he was and he says nobody but he is just lookin out for a fellow gamer as people have been getting banned. what a load of bull/

lol!

Did you reply to this mystery man?

Some Rockstar executive just showed at my door and told me to stop playing too..

.. I said no and closed the door.

He then took a dump on my step, and kicked my dog before running off.

True story!

basquille wrote: »
    Some Rockstar executive just showed at my door and told me to stop playing too..

.. I said no and closed the door.

He then took a dump on my step, and kicked my dog before running off.

True story!

He didn't ban you? wow I don't believe it, mind your dogs people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Niko is coming to get all ye who have played it early!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I bet after this game, I will want to go to NYC and live there. I always get emotional about that place when I watch something to do with that city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I bet after this game, I will want to go to NYC and live there. I always get emotional about that place when I watch something to do with that city.

yea you will.. its very similar!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Spent all of last summer in NYC and will be really interested to see how similar the game is. Obviously it won't be like for like, but the Steinways beer garden in the game is an actual bar that I drank in a couple of ties in Queens!

just nicked a boat and did a full lap of the entire city with 6 star wanted level. It's huge. got an achievement for surviving five minutes on 6 stars too :D

just nicked a boat and did a full lap of the entire city with 6 star wanted level. It's huge. got an achievement for surviving five minutes on 6 stars too :D

Where'd you get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

theres iso's of it floating on the net for a while now for the xbox, he probably got it there :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement