Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat bt broadband problem

Options
  • 21-04-2008 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭

I have the Esat bt broadband serveice since it first came out,so i have the zyxel prestige 600 modem.

I have that running on a computer with xp and then recently we got 3 laptops in the family,so I bought a belkin G + Mimo wireless router.

2 of the laptop have vista and 1 xp.

Since getting the laptops the internet seems to freeze and disconnect.this is a regular occurance now,usually every 30 mins or so.

To fix it again I have to turn off the modem and router and turn back on and it usually works straight away but on some occasions it might not work again for half an hour.

Esat rang me recently and said I might start having problem as they are upgrading the line,but this problem has been happening for ages and it has become a bit more recent since the phonecall but I still feel there is a seperate problem.

When I run the modem configurator wan test,it lists

Test ADSL(ATM OAM) loopback test-as a fail but the internet still works,could this be related.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

I was having a similar issue a few weeks back with drop in connection and only connecting by reset or manually inputting DNS.
    Esat sent me out a new BT Voyager 2110 router and haven't had a problem since (speed has increased with it too), ask them to send you the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I was having a similar issue a few weeks back with drop in connection and only connecting by reset or manually inputting DNS.
    Esat sent me out a new BT Voyager 2110 router and haven't had a problem since (speed has increased with it too), ask them to send you the same.

thanks mate,how did you go about that.will they just give me one or will they want to interogate me about the problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

dc69 wrote: »
    thanks mate,how did you go about that.will they just give me one or will they want to interogate me about the problems?
    I explained my problem to tech support and went through all the usual "try this and that", after a week of no luck in solving the issue I rang them back and they sent me out a new router.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

If you are failing ATM F5 Loopback test and you are connected this means you are on BT's new exchanges (ADSL2+)

If you are using an old P623-T1 you will need to replace it.

Just call Tech Support and let them know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭dc69

thanks,I think I may have broken it though because at one stage I reset the adsl line in the modem configurator,could this be the reason it is failing the test?

and would the fact I am using an adsl 1 modem on a 2 exchange,explain the disconnecting?

• Advertisement
Advertisement