Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've been cured

Options
  • 21-04-2008 3:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Mad as this may sound, I think I've been cured of WoW. I stopped playing it a couple of months ago and just realised today that I have no urge to go back to it at all. Clean at last.

See you all on the other side ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭nicryan

give it a while...I've given the game up on 3 seperate occasions for periods of over 6 months, and I always end up back in Azeroth.

just give it time.

Nic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

run, run now and don't look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Welcome to the light :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Weidii wrote: »
    Mad as this may sound, I think I've been cured of WoW. I stopped playing it a couple of months ago and just realised today that I have no urge to go back to it at all. Clean at last.

See you all on the other side ;)

Rehab is for quitters :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i had a 5 month "vacation" after a two week ban i received... its only a matter of time before it engulfs you again hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 WeekOldPencil

I've been clean for 13 months now, but I still feel the Horde's battle rage. I don't think I'll ever be completely clean.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I quit 3 times too but got sucked back each time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I've lost count of the number of times I've cancelled my sub now.
    longest stretch of time I went without it was about 6-7 months, and I was sure I'd gotten over it then as well...

You'll never be free.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

I'm out also, still have a passing interest, as evidenced by reading this forum, but don't miss it much tbh.

Lots of stuff to be doing in the evenings these days and was always dissatisfied after playing because I felt I was wasting my time. I'd often come away from the computer and be heading straight to bed with a list of things in my head saying "I'll do tomorrow".

anyways, got to level 70, played it for a bit longer, thought "is this it?". Did have some fun, but wasn't as happy as I'd thought I'd be getting to 70.

Just found it hard to play it in a balanced fashion basically. TBH I don't think it'd designed to be played for an hour at a time. :) but that's another debate entirely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

When I quit, I purposely made it as difficult as possible to go back to it.

I had a few thousand in gold and more in gear and mats.
    I gave away all the gear and mats that I could.
    I sharded anything else that was bound to me.
    I gave away a few good chunks of my gold to friends (who insisted they'd pay it back with interest WHEN I returned).

It was around Christmas( the Christmas before last ), I stuck on a Santa costume thing and went to various starting points and gave away gold to newbies. It was surprisingly hard to actually give the gold away, people were very suspicious for some reason. :p

With the last 250g I set up shop in Ironforge(outside the AH) and exchanged gold for jokes(Tell me a good joke and get a piece of gold). The lag was horrible as I'd gathered a large crowd but funny none the less.

When all the gold was gone, I said my goodbyes, logged off, cancelled the subscription, uninstalled the game and binned the discs.

I haven't been back since, although I do still find myself thinking about it from time to time but as has been mentioned already it's not possible to play for an hour or two, from time to time.

Killian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

I haven't played since college started back in september. It was fairly easy for me to stop, I just had too many other things going on!!

I'll probably play again for a while in the summer if WotLK comes out soon. Other than that, I don't see myself logging back in for long sessions anytime soon.

It helps that I have a mate playing my char for me, so at least my gear and spells are up to date :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Anytime I play now it's just for an hour or two, I get bored if I stay on longer than that.

An hour or two? You can't do any big instance in that time...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Which is why i rarely play for more then an hour or two on my pally either. Dont have time to do big raids anymore. Did the last hald of Kara last night, and even that felt like to long online.

Kiith wrote: »
    Which is why i rarely play for more then an hour or two on my pally either. Dont have time to do big raids anymore. Did the last hald of Kara last night, and even that felt like to long online.

I know that feeling, in friday we did kara from attuneman - prince. was about 10pm when we finally kicked off and we kept going till 8am :(

I know that feeling, in friday we did kara from attuneman - prince. was about 10pm when we finally kicked off and we kept going till 8am

Thats exactly why i stick to heroics instead of raiding.
    Its requires a silly amount of time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Anti wrote: »
    I know that feeling, in friday we did kara from attuneman - prince. was about 10pm when we finally kicked off and we kept going till 8am :(

I hope you did a full clear in that time ?

Don't do kara my self any more or very seldom. The week of the new patch 2.4 i did do kara in 3 hours & 45mins with out a wipe. And the group i was in was all right it would not be the best players from our guild.

Very important in kara, Have a very good tank. Then you will have less wipes and the raid wont last as long.

Also you should think about doing kara for 4 hours then come back to it for another night.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dcully wrote: »
    Thats exactly why i stick to heroics instead of raiding.
    Its requires a silly amount of time :(
    How does the gear in Heroics compare to Kara? And i'm assuming +1500 healing is good for most heroics?

Aye, we didnt drop prince. We were riddle with people with bad connections, people dropping out etc etc. We only wped twice, once from me doing a leroy, and 2nd time on curator when a few people didnt hug the offtank. There were a few stages where we had to wait for 45mins for a replacement come online. Damn mage in mostly greens won the roll for the t4 gloves too. cnut !

And now that's all cured people talking... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I quit a couple of times before but always went back. Last time I gave my account to my guild master to make sure I didn't come back.

I quit a couple of times before but always went back. Last time I gave my account to my guild master to make sure I didn't come back.

Haha, you were still stying to log in from my pc to play it when twisted :p

How does the gear in Heroics compare to Kara? And i'm assuming +1500 healing is good for most heroics?

Its not quite as good but its pretty decent.
    My priest has 4-5 pvp epic pieces and the rest are blues from heroics with very decent mana regen.
    With this gear im hitting +1507 healing.
    Ive healed heroics with +1300 healing with not much problems.
    If you have a good tank its pretty easy with +1300.

Heres the loot i can get for priest in heroics http://www.wow-loot.com/priest.htm
    I hope to get some decent pve epics soon to help even more with mana regen.

Ive heard talk about heroic MgT loot being as good as if not better than kara.
    Ive only ran it heroic with my Rogue myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 CoolSmileyGuy

en7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

Haha, nice one seosamh.

Yeah, I think I will stay off it this time (have tried to quit a couple of times before) 'cause all the friends I had on it quit too and my guild started to fall apart, so there's nothin really on it for me now if I go back. Don't even have a level 70 :)

Towards the end instances started to bore me. Same thing over and over again.

The game only starts at 70 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 CoolSmileyGuy

Dcully wrote: »
    The game only starts at 70 :)

I'd have to agree to Dcully there, Im just about to get my 6th char to 70 and I find it fascinating to see exactly what the relevant class can do at 70, especially if you get them geared up with a few shinies.

What I recommend is find yourself a nice levelling guide, this will speed up levelling.

James levelling guide from www.wow-pro.com works a treat you'll find.
    he has both horde and alliance guides.

I'm sure that when you get you toon up to a higher level the fun will come back, you'll also probably meet some new folks along the way!

Eitherway goodluck!

Seosamh

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

The game only starts at 70
    Really, case now that im 70 im kinda bored, doing dailys or trying to farm gold, dont think im good enought to be accepted for heroics, nobody seems to want hunters :(

Agree with you about hunters,i do enjoy the class but i rarely touch my night elf hunter at all now for that very reason,nobody wants them in their group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Yeah but im way too attached to my hunter, i even still use my original ghostlands cat. And unless your really good hunters in arena is a rarity, well ive never tried really because i dont have s1 yet.

Advertisement