Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've been cured

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

i just take wow breaks, current one is running since june, i was gonna play it again a few weeks ago but i broke my main pc and am building a new one, will probably play it again when i have finished new pc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Am having no problems healing heroics on my priest with 1,300 +heal. So you should be fine :)

My gear is all PvE stuff apart from S1 shoulders though, so I have a rather healthy amount of mana regen and my priest is specced 23/38/0 imp DS.

900 heal for a good healer is enough for Kara, so anything above for heroics is overkill & a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mru

having read all the above - wondering if I made the right decision :o

just started back now after almost a yrs absence. always played ally, so decided to roll hordie warrior. starting to love it.

just wondering, does any boardies here have run a decent guild? i'm going to play wow again - god...help...me...

mru wrote: »
    having read all the above - wondering if I made the right decision :o

just started back now after almost a yrs absence. always played ally, so decided to roll hordie warrior. starting to love it.

just wondering, does any boardies here have run a decent guild? i'm going to play wow again - god...help...me...

plenty of **** hot guilds on Twisting Nether - full of mature players too, very very few of the kiddie-players (thank christ!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mru

ven0m wrote: »
    plenty of **** hot guilds on Twisting Nether - full of mature players too, very very few of the kiddie-players (thank christ!!!!)

cool, thanks. thinking back now, it used to eat up so much of my time - i guess it's just up to me how much time i allow it to eat up!

• Advertisement

mru wrote: »
    cool, thanks. thinking back now, it used to eat up so much of my time - i guess it's just up to me how much time i allow it to eat up!

had the same problem, but as I've hit 70, & done so flippin much in a short time, I am happily down to a few hours a week only & those few hours being way under 10 LOL ......

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

900 heal for a good healer is enough for Kara, so anything above for heroics is overkill & a breeze.
    I quit the game 7 weeks ago, leaving behind a T6 paladin tank and a holy priest with 1900 +heal :)

Haven't really wanted to go back since then, I know that if I do I'll really mess up final year in college, and tbh I was just totally sick of raiding. We were raiding 5 nights a week to get Illidan down at the time I quit (killed him a day or two before I uninstalled), and it was so headwrecking.

I quit the game 7 weeks ago, leaving behind a T6 paladin tank and a holy priest with 1900 +heal :)

Haven't really wanted to go back since then, I know that if I do I'll really mess up final year in college, and tbh I was just totally sick of raiding. We were raiding 5 nights a week to get Illidan down at the time I quit (killed him a day or two before I uninstalled), and it was so headwrecking.

don't blame you about raiding, I don't have the patience for the whole 'raid for 6 hours a night solid' kack .....

I'd rather go in, knock out some arena for a laugh, maybe some BG's, go ganking, maybe do a heroic I fancy doing, or go ganking the n00bs on the elemental plateau & then steal the mob's they were trying to farm & claim the spoils for myself with a huge mahoosive kite/pull ending in a nice pew pew kill hehehehehehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I seem to be going though phases. One week i hate the game the next i love it. Alot of it was down to being in a raiding guild with a idiot of a GM, some great players, but they just couldnt seem to progress. So i naturally got bored of raiding kara, grull and za. Thankfully a change of guild seems to have renewd my faith. For example went to grull last night, no wipes at all and fully completed in 1 hour. Had a few hours left so decided to go to MH for the laugh. My god warlocks SoC makes a right mess of the waves !

Still i can see me taking a break soon, im spending far to much time playing wow now. Workign full time 40+ hours a week then doing the same again playing wow is killing me.

Manties wrote: »
    Still i can see me taking a break soon, im spending far to much time playing wow now. Workign full time 40+ hours a week then doing the same again playing wow is killing me.

are you out of your mind????? bloody hell dude!!!!!! That's not right!!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 virge

Its such a big coincidence, me here looking at the topics in this forums, and suddenly i see this one. I am also having this time of "am I spending way too much time in this game" I have usually good self-control with entertainment, but this rule does not apply to WoW :(
    It is slightelly annoying since I am 100% am missing out things.
    I have been in a design project for example, i was due to deliver this a week ago.. and i missed a deadline... because of the patch 3.02...
    it was really difficult to face that.

I canceled the subscriptions from my 3 accounts and its been less than a week.. but now i am almost killing myself, dying to play a bit more with my disc priest, warlock and hunter that just got a lot more interesting.. :(

Hence me in the other thread trying to push people to actually meet up outside of Azeroth :( i dont know anybody here in Ireland outside of my work enviroment.. and this sucks for any social activity.

virge wrote: »
    I canceled the subscriptions from my 3 accounts and its been less than a week.. but now i am almost killing myself, dying to play a bit more with my disc priest, warlock and hunter that just got a lot more interesting.. :(

3 accounts :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Dude, that's a problem right there. I've dumped my second account (as I was only using it to access the alliance AH for my horde characters LOL).

The achievements systems Blizz added in was a really nasty piece of stickiness to add to the game & a way of getting people to spend more time, especially the nerfing of bosses - to encourage more raiding etc.

I still am playing less than the 10 hours a week & getting my RAID & PVP on nicely :D

Even the time spent in knocking out achievements is fine now. The second I stopped gold grinding, the better my playing has been - also helps I've a very casual guild when it comes to raiding, & it's more about fun - we spend more time chatting outside the game than in, & have our own guild radio channels, where some of us play mini radio shows using teamspeak, where we have music etc etc & it's pretty funky. Then again, I do actually know the lads I am in the guild with too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Manties wrote: »
    I seem to be going though phases. One week i hate the game the next i love it.

I'm the same actually. I play for about 60 to 90 mins a night. The new alarm feature is really handy actually i set it and assuming im not in the middle of a group battle or helping someone else out i'll log off. Weekends i'll play about 3 or 4 hours on a sat night to do an instance run. Our guild pretty much disbanded so we dont do raid runs anymore.

I've taken breaks before the longest being 4 months just before last Christmas. I also find it really handy to use the prepay card and not a credit card. while it costs you a bit extra at least at the end of the pre paid time you can turn around and not play anymore. where as if you pay by credit card your stuck with a 6month or yearly sub.

My new plan is to TRY (and i stress TRY) to play 3 times a week and one sat in every too. damn if the game isnt addictive tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Why not play some other less demanding computer games instead? God knows there's enough coming out between now and Xmas eg Red Alert III, Far Cry 2, COD World at War etc etc.

Worst thing is i did a /played on my 3 mains. Ive been playing less then a year.... And ive over 3 months of non stop play stacked up.. Scared the **** out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Bloody hell. Three months in one year! By my maths you play for 40+ hours a week.

manties! my friend!
    I still have the gold in my priest in Moonglade.. that became a mage.. that became a priest again, a rogue and now is a paladin :)

Yeah, the 3 accounts is just silly mistakes I made..

the second account is for multi-boxing purposes

The 3rd account is because of the referal friend thingy... with my old accounts with denmark, i couldnt do it, so i made a new one with my address in Ireland just for this sole purpose.

This sucks... I try to talk to my boyfriend that we are actually saving up money playing wow, since I usually spend 100-200 euros in buying things and having a night out, and playing wow it saves me all that for 30 euros for 2 months of play time...

But yeah, i am scared to do the /played on my chars...
    This sucks a lot... why blizzard is releasing so many cool stuff now!!!??

silvine wrote: »
    Why not play some other less demanding computer games instead? God knows there's enough coming out between now and Xmas eg Red Alert III, Far Cry 2, COD World at War etc etc.

You've seen Far Cry 2 right???? ... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

You've seen Far Cry 2 right???? ... :D

Yea... Far Cry 2 ....is oh so gosh shiny!! :D:D

unfortunately my PC is powered by love .... love and sticky tape, its quite old (like me) and there isn't a hope in haydes that I'll be getting a new PC anytime soon. my PC is old but it will run WoW at least thats the only thing keeping me going at the moment.

cant run any game newer than portal (and that's even sluggish when you turn stuff up) Suppose i could invest some time and money into my xbox360 tho!!

silvine wrote: »
    Bloody hell. Three months in one year! By my maths you play for 40+ hours a week.

Jesus.. No wonder im always so wrecked. 40 hours gaming, after 40 hours of work.. Dosent leave much time for sleep does it :(

• Advertisement

ok - I just did a /played on my main, which I've now had a little over a year ....

47 days 19 hours

is that good or bad? :D:D:D:D

compared to me good. its half what i have in 11 months :o

I may have ngelcted to mention, I dinged 70 back in August, at around day 29 - so 29-47 are since August 2008 alone ROFL

is it still 'not that bad'? :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Well i went back WoW for the patch and now i feel myself getting hooked again. Leveling another Toon! Leveling a toon is kinda addictive is a sad pathetic way you know "Ah just one more level and i get new spells etc"...

ffs I hate this i know its waste of time and theres better games and things to do. Ive tried to quit but i guess i didnt try hard enough, i tried AoC, i tried WAR both are nowhere near as addictive to me at least as WoW is. Worst of all is WOTLK is coming and there be tonnes of things to do in WoW then not good if your addict.

Its pathetic really im disgusted with myself that im back playing this pile of ****e again. The only 100% cure for me will be to sell my account really.

Yeah man, i totally feel you.
    Its very annoying this whole thing the game does to you...
    I think my limits were really broken after i got to fail on my deadline for my project.. this is a big sign something is not going right..
    And i have been always a responsible designer (well, not always he he ) but yeah, i never neglected a deadline over a game.

I cannot bring myself to level another toon, as I have found it to be the single most MIND numbing thing ever, & was glad of things like instances & PVP as I was going along, but now I'm at 70 - I'm happy as hell. The trip to 80 won't be so bad, as all of the guys I play with hate levelling, so we're going to quest in groups, have a laugh on teamspeak as we go & have fun ganking as we're going too LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Hopefully when i get to the outlands which im leveling as fast as i can for(cur. lvl 54) ill stop..

Ive gone up 20 levels in one Week:P not something to be proud off i know. funny thing is i hated leveling my Paladin, i got to lvl 34 about 4 months ago and just stopped it was too slow and boring then of course patch 3 comes along and its way way faster now as a Ret Pally if it wasnt i probably wouldnt bother:(

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Just wondering do any of you buy gold to reduce the time you need to play. Im not asking how to buy gold just wondering if many players do it so i hope its ok with the charter. Farming for primals and the like is just so unbelievably boring, it feels like im playing harvest moon again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

No i doubt any self respecting wow player buys gold, its a form of cheating and really really gay. If anybody here does buy gold id doubt they will admit it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

nix wrote: »
    No i doubt any self respecting wow player buys gold, its a form of cheating and really really gay. If anybody here does buy gold id doubt they will admit it.
    i know LOADS of people who have bought gold.

Advertisement