Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you rent an editor and studio?

• 21-04-2008 8:00am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have this mad idea to produce an indie video piece, fortnightly most likely.

What I dont want is something that looks like it was produced in my kitchen, on a phone.

Is there somewhere you can rent time in a studio?

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

We've used Lispopple out in Finglas for studio rental in the past.

http://www.irishdv.com/studio.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Lots of people do it freelance so will have set ups at home, not sure of an Irish resource list, but there must be lots out there. Also there's a couple of editors on here that might be interested in working on it. If I was in Ireland I would be. Just had a re-read - Are you looking to use the equipment yourself? If so, just hire some kit and use it at home.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

DeVore wrote: »
    I have this mad idea to produce an indie video piece, fortnightly most likely.

What I dont want is something that looks like it was produced in my kitchen, on a phone.

Is there somewhere you can rent time in a studio?

DeV.

i am an editor working for a national broadcaster, and am looking for nixer material at the mo! pm me if your interested.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wilco!

What I'm curious to see is if its possible to produce a piece of video regularly that can be published to a wider audience then you're flatmates without having to go through the national broadcasters and the usual channels. There arent many people who can reach a wide audience but as it happens, I probably can!

This is not something I just thought up, its something I have been kicking around for some time but never had the time to do it. Now I do! :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It's worth noting that Dublin Community Television is now up and running.

It can be found on Channel 802 on NTL digital I believe. They're usually happy to receive new programming content.

• Advertisement
Advertisement