Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new dvd rental shop

Options
  • 21-04-2008 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

even though they don't rent videos I still want to call it a video shop!

has anyone tried the new one on the link road beside the optitions? it's pretty good!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

i didnt try it myself but a friend of mine is registered with it and he thinks its a great idew, very handy he says

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

yeah it is, I love the fact that you have 24hr access, and if you leave your film back within 6 hrs it only costs you 1.50!

about time chris murphy had a bit of competition methinks :p

thats true, as long as they keep getting the new releases the same time as murphys they will do good me thinks as well

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

must check it out...the other place is a bit of a rip off

yeah it is soposed to be really good, im gona check it out meself today some time, you can go in there any time you want, day or night

• Advertisement

if you are going in to sign up just bring a utility bill for address, driving licence or ID and they ask for a laser card or credit card number but this is just in case you do a runner with a load of stock, mine wasn't charged with anything

thank you jergam will do

• Subscribers Posts: 41,464 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

THAT MOVIELINK SHOP IS BRILLIANT.....

oops, orry bout the caps....

i rented 2 new release dvds yesterday, left themback at 11.00 pm last night and all it cost me was 3.00...... starvideo can go kiss the back end of my......

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

sydthebeat wrote: »
    THAT MOVIELINK SHOP IS BRILLIANT.....

oops, orry bout the caps....

i rented 2 new release dvds yesterday, left themback at 11.00 pm last night and all it cost me was 3.00...... starvideo can go kiss the back end of my......

I like it. How do u pay then? Put credit on your a/c?

I like it. How do u pay then? Put credit on your a/c?

you get a swipe card and put credit on it kind of like your phone and then the balance is just taken off it. the card gives you access to the shop out of hours as well

• Advertisement

i registered last night lads and im very happy, looks like its goin to be a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

jergam wrote: »
    you get a swipe card and put credit on it kind of like your phone and then the balance is just taken off it. the card gives you access to the shop out of hours as well

Right I'm curious now! When you say '24 hr access' is it like, you can get into the shop and take more DVD's even when they're closed??????????

yep there iS something like a vending machine, you swipe your card at any time day or night and you gain access to the shop from there you can get any dvd you want, you have to top up your card every month so as you have enough in it. i think its 20 euro every month, it is sooo handy curvy i swear, i went down last night and had signed up in half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Oohhhh....sneakily clever!!!!! May have to wander down this weekend...and then cancel the Sky movie package that I never flipping watch!

ah i cancelled that a while back meself waste of money curvy

ports best wrote: »
    yep there iS something like a vending machine, you swipe your card at any time day or night and you gain access to the shop from there you can get any dvd you want, you have to top up your card every month so as you have enough in it. i think its 20 euro every month, it is sooo handy curvy i swear, i went down last night and had signed up in half an hour

i didnt hear anything about having to top up every month when i joined yesterday, just as long as you have credit you can get dvds.....

its extremly handy, they have a good selection, one which is bound to get bigger im sure.

yeah ya could be right syd maybe im thinkin of something different i dunno, serious good idea though

ports best wrote: »

AFAIK I don't think you have to top up every month, at least I wasn't told that! Or maybe I was too engrossed in finding out how the dvd gets to the letter box ha ha

No I'm pretty sure that if you top up by 20 quid you get 23 euro credit, 40 gets you 45 or something along those lines anyway.

I swear I don't work there :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

This is somewhere in Laois, is it?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Rovi wrote: »
    This is somewhere in Laois, is it?

It's in Portarlington.

Whats the point of having this place if we don't even have a 24 hour shop? Do they sell food to eat while watching a movie. Would kill for cigarettes and coke sometimes at 4 in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

kikel wrote: »
    (...) Would kill for cigarettes and coke sometimes at 4 in the morning

Know the feeling. Isn't Tesco or other Dunne's Store supposed to be open 24h?

kikel wrote: »
    Would kill for cigarettes and coke sometimes at 4 in the morning

tut,tut kikel.......... that stuffs bad for the brain!!!!

Advertisement