Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A4 Dashboard Fault Icon

Options
  • 21-04-2008 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I was just wondering if somebody might be able to help. I bought a second hand Audi A4 last week which didn't have a manual. Anyway over the last two days Faults have been appearing on the display at the speedometer. Of Course, with out the manual I haven't a bloody clue what they are. Can somebody please help and tell me what they are and if there's any way if clearing them. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The 2nd one is definitely a speed warning, which is set in the on-board computer, so it's probably beeping at you when you go over a certain speed. Not sure how to un-set it on an A4, try scrolling through the on-board-computer menus, see if you can find it.
    The other one looks like a blown-bulb warning, though not so sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

JoeA3 wrote: »
    The 2nd one is definitely a speed warning, which is set in the on-board computer, so it's probably beeping at you when you go over a certain speed. Not sure how to un-set it on an A4, try scrolling through the on-board-computer menus, see if you can find it.
    The other one looks like a blown-bulb warning, though not so sure.

both correct Joey. You must have a blown bulb some where on the motor. The second one is from setting a speed warning at a certain speed. This can be reset but off the top of my head I don't know how...

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭macrubicon

not sure if it's your year etc. but

http://www.audi.co.uk/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/uk/Products/owners_area/Choose_Model.Par.0005.File.pdf

is a quick start quide for the A4 - list of the warning lights and a few more bits ( page 2 for how to cancel teh speed warning )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭MarkN

If you go into the computer there is a "speed warning" option, you just need to turn it off.

My mind has gone blank as it's been a while since I had the Audi but it's easy enough.

If you type in Audi A4 manual pdf into Google you will no doubt be able to print off a full manual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

i feel your pain i too had an audi a4, but my car had a different warning light coming on the dash every week. i once brought it for a diagnosis and the tester said there was 19 faults found on my car and reset them all, a week later they started coming back. when i was selling it i had to pray no light would come on while people were test driving it.i hope you have a better time with your a4.
    good luck!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

markos79 wrote: »
    i feel your pain i too had an audi a4, but my car had a different warning light coming on the dash every week. i once brought it for a diagnosis and the tester said there was 19 faults found on my car and reset them all, a week later they started coming back. when i was selling it i had to pray no light would come on while people were test driving it.i hope you have a better time with your a4.
    good luck!!

19 Faults!!

what kinda faults???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

i had a few faults on the abs alone,lights,air flow meter,airbags,central locking,plus some engine faults.from a car with just 93,000 mls

maybe i just had a bad audi a4 but it turned me off audis for life!!

Advertisement