Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For the 1st time ever

Options
  • 21-04-2008 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

on Saturday I left a Spurs game at half time.

I took everything into consideration (he importance of the game, the atmosphere, our players, the weather etc..) decided it would be more enjoyable to spend the 2nd half back at the pub. In retrospect it was a great decision.

And there were plenty of supporters who did the same and a handful of pissheads who didn't even bother going at all.

Never known a more boring end to a season in my lifetime.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭heartofwhite

I have to say Dublin Spur, you have me worried! I am headin over on sat for the bolton game and it also happens to be my first trip to the lane. I was hoping for an experience to remember but from what you have said it seems to be that I will want to forget. What a end to a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Ah Lads come on now, would you rather we were fighting against relegation.

The players need a kick up the backside, granted, but leaving at half time is a bit strong Shane. To be fair I wasnt at the game and havent even seen highlights but surely it cant be that bad.

I'd actually like to see Ramos blood a few youngsters in our remaining games.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

RichMc70 wrote: »

Agree completely - Forecast, Gunther, Pekhardt, Gilberto spring to mind, playing the same old faces in meaningless games means nought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Ah Lads come on now, would you rather we were fighting against relegation.

The players need a kick up the backside, granted, but leaving at half time is a bit strong Shane. To be fair I wasnt at the game and havent even seen highlights but surely it cant be that bad.

I didn't leave in disgust Rich - I just thought that the pub was a better option then standing in the bitter cold in a half empty rugby stadium watching a game with nothing on it.

I'd hate for us to go down but I have to admit that a flirt with religation would have gotten the juices flowing again and made the last 10 games a lot more interesting thatn they have been.

Everything has just gone so flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

I see where you're coming from Shane and it's understandable. Since 2003/04 we've been involved up to the last few games. that season we weren't mathematically safe until maybe the 2nd last game. In 04/05 we were in with an outside chance of UEFA on the last day and the last 2 seasons we were playing for UEFA and in 06 a possible CL spot. This season our lot finished work on 24th Febraury, :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Lets just look forward to next season lads.All that is left for me this season is a trip over on the last day of the season and the forum p*ss up.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Don't blame you Shane, as you know I didn't even make it out of my scratcher!

Can't be arsed with Spurs right now, would swerve the Pool game but for its a chance to see folk I may not see for another three months.

Have decided to give Rotterdam a miss because of money, and will not be renewing my away ST next season (just the home one)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

and will not be renewing my away ST next season (just the home one)

Hey Ronan, on a positive note they will be 15/20% cheaper for the Paddys next season on today's exchange rates.

galinka wrote: »
    Hey Ronan, on a positive note they will be 15/20% cheaper for the Paddys next season on today's exchange rates.

Don't forget Danny Boy's annual increase mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I have to say Dublin Spur, you have me worried! I am headin over on sat for the bolton game and it also happens to be my first trip to the lane. I was hoping for an experience to remember but from what you have said it seems to be that I will want to forget. What a end to a season.
    There's a few of us heading over to the bolton game as well, I'm starting to dread it now with the way the season is fizzing out.it could be a ****e game.

• Advertisement

They normally put in a good 45mins then fizzle out 2nd half.

Bolton and Reading are fighting for their lives so I expect both of those games will be painful, and the Pool game will be a dead rubber.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

if i was told preseason i could watch spurs challenging for europe right until the end of the season or watch them finish middle table, be boring in the league but win a cup, qualify for europe and do alright in uefa cup i know which option i'd choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

ditpoker wrote: »
    if i was told preseason i could watch spurs challenging for europe right until the end of the season or watch them finish middle table, be boring in the league but win a cup, qualify for europe and do alright in uefa cup i know which option i'd choose.

didn't think we did alright in uefa cup, thought we left that cup behind us to be honest. After all if rangers can get to the semi final it shows how bad the competition was this year. It should have been Spurs v bayern munich in final but we took our eyes off the ball after we won carling cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

BERBA wrote: »
    didn't think we did alright in uefa cup, thought we left that cup behind us to be honest. After all if rangers can get to the semi final it shows how bad the competition was this year. It should have been Spurs v bayern munich in final but we took our eyes off the ball after we won carling cup.

Ironically it was Gilberto who "took HIS eyes off the ball" and that is why we are not in the mix - We were only one mistake away, but that is all it takes. Seems this happened a lot this season, one mistake, one last min goal etc!
    :confused:

Advertisement