Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish collection

• 21-04-2008 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Can someone outline the environmental benefits of having 2 dustcarts, instead of just one - one from the council and one from a private company, trawling the streets of Waterford every week?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One ideology beats another ideology.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    Can someone outline the environmental benefits of having 2 dustcarts, instead of just one..

Mr Binman, as much as I'm not their happiest of customers at the moment, empty the rubbish weekly for their customers. WCC collect only every three weeks. So if not having rotting waste on your property for as long is an environmental benefit, there's one.

I agree that two bin vans servicing Waterford homes rather than just one has an environmental impact, but they're not exactly the only heavy diesel trucks on Waterford roads. And the competition that having a second choice of refuse collection brings is, I'm sure, a huge financial benefit for many families.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Frankmc1975

Hi - first timer here posting:confused:...but wanted to know if anybody out there had used them...just recevied a mail through the door...received a few last year but ignored them...but the nappies now are starting to pile up with twins (not that uz need detail)... Just checking if anyone knew whether they were ok or not.....

ta

Frank

Advertisement