Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting a decimal in results - ASP?

Options
  • 21-04-2008 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to take a returned value from a MYSQL DB, in ASP and always place a decimal point two digits to the left?

I have a very simple ASP page that connects to a MYSQL DB and returns a value, below is the code:

userid = Request.Form("USERNAME")
    objConn.Open(sConnection)
    Set objRS = objConn.Execute("SELECT * FROM tbluseracct where actUserID = '" & USERID &"'")

The value come back fine but its held in interger format, i.e 1435 would mean €14.35. Does anyone know a simple way to take this value and format it correctly in the output? I can add the € sign fine but I am not sure about adding the decimal in 2 place every time?

Newbie BTW, in case I insult anyone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

you can do something like this within your loop:

sValue = rs("Value") 'this gets the value of 1435 into a variable. amend to suit your naming conventions
    sValueNew = "&euro" & Left(sValue,len(sValue)-2) & "." & Right(sValue,2)

sValueNew now has the formatted value in it.

HTH

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

DJB wrote: »
    you can do something like this within your loop:

sValue = rs("Value") 'this gets the value of 1435 into a variable. amend to suit your naming conventions
    sValueNew = "&euro" & Left(sValue,len(sValue)-2) & "." & Right(sValue,2)

sValueNew now has the formatted value in it.

HTH

Dave

Thanks for this, but one question....will this work for a result like 10000 that should be 100 euro? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Just divide it by 100?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Why not try the uber sekrit FormatCurrency function...

http://www.w3schools.com/vbscript/func_formatcurrency.asp

First divide by 100 and then apply the format

Advertisement