Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cancelled Driving Test

Options
  • 21-04-2008 11:24am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

I was supposed to have my test in Finglas last friday but the centre called on Thursday and cancelled it.

Has this happened to anyone else? how long did it take to get another test?

Comments

This happened to someone with SGS before and they arranged one within a week.
    I took a cancellation with RSA and it was 3-4 weeks from calling till test.
    Did they not give you any indication? Bad form if they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

pretty much all the SGS tests in Kilkenny were cancelled for the last two weeks as the tester has whiplash after a crash during a test. Mine was meant to be last friday and two friends on tuesday - all cancelled. When they rang to cancel they just said they'd be in touch but I rang them back to let them know I would be away on business from next friday for two weeks and for another week in may and they gave me a test for this coming thursday. My friends got tests for around mid May but they never called or anything. If you want a test quick call if not you'll prob get one within 3 - 4 weeks. Of course thats with SGS not sure about RSA tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I was meant to do my test in Kilkenny on 10th April with SGS and it was cancelled on 9th April at 4pm. I was livid as I was all ready for it. My licence was expiring on 11th so I really wanted to pass it. The next available date wasnt until 16th May. I had awful hassle with both SGS and the Tax office trying to apply for my Learners permit. Not at all happy but nothing I can do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Nightwish wrote: »
    I was meant to do my test in Kilkenny on 10th April with SGS and it was cancelled on 9th April at 4pm.

Yeah same happened to me - test for 9.30 friday morning and they called me at just after 4.30pm thursday to cancel. It's been like that for the past two weeks - had two friends meant to do that test last week both cancelled but I thought as they hadn't called me by 4 mine was going ahead. according to my driving instructor one of the SGS tester was rear ended two weeks ago during a test and has been called in sick everyday since claiming whip lash thou the girl who was taking the test at the time is a student of my instructor and she claims to be fine and doesn't understand how he could have whiplash. Regardless of wither he does or doesn't its been like that for two weeks now so the least they could do is give people a few days notice rather then ringing in the late afternoon the day before.

Did you try ringing SGS for an earlier test? I rang them back thursday and got one for next thursday- fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled again.

In fairness though the tester don't wear their seats belts, and I'd say that most learner drivers have their headrests properly adjusted for the test.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

no, they just said they would be in touch

kinda irrelavent now, i was getting a new clutch put in the car today and it got stolen from outside the garage and written off.

i am so never meant to do this bloody driving test :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Oh god thats terrible. Luck is not on your side. You can keep up lessons using the instructors car. I feel so sorry for you :(

Sweet mother of the baby jesus that's appauling! :mad:

Do you think you can your hands on a similar car? I think it takes a preety big effort to get used to a new one.

You are meant to do your test and past it, the gpds are just being pains in the hole about it.

At least it is all with your insurance, some baxtard wrote mine off 18 months ago and I still haven't seen a cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Same thing happened to me except I was at the test centre waiting for over a half an hour before they told me. I was not a happy camper and was offered (after much persuasion) a new date a week later.

Advertisement