Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who would you sign from Chelsea...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Jazzy wrote: »
    Mr Alan - whos better: Joe Cole or Babel? will Babel become better then Cole? and if so with him - why not Nani ?

Joe Cole is far better than Babel.

Hence the reason I said I'd like to take Joe Cole to Anfield.

Plus I'd imagine playing with a winger like that would be beneficial for both Babel and Nani.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Potential my left foot.
    Nani is 3 years at least off of Joe Coles level even when he is playing as poorly as he is.
    On his day he is one of the best players in the league.
    The next person to say player A has the potential to be better than player B needs
    to be banned for the sake of my sanity.
    As my old manager says "when people tell you you have potential you should be
    embarrased because you have done **** all to make people say you are good enough now!"

As a liverpool fan id have Carvallo and Drogba in a heartbeat.
    Take both Coles too if they were going cheap :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Can we please stop with the Manu/Liverpool thread course off dragging, before this whole forum becomes fubar'd?

I'd take Drogba and Essien for Manu, possibly Cech, though I'd prefer Foster to get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

as a liverpool supporter id take:
    carvalho
    wright philips
    drogba
    malouda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Not one person would take John Terry (other than to play him in the reserves). I think thats slightly tough - he's lippy and I don't particularly admire him as a human being but he's a quality defender (except in the last few months).

Anyway my top picks for Liverpool based on what we currently have at the club

Joe Cole
    Drogba
    Wright Philips

Within that I'd have some reservations about Drogba as someone who I could see destabilising the dressing room but there's no doubting the quality. Essien is a truly top player but I wonder who he'd push out of the team (don't want Masch dropped) so I wouldn't break the bank for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

walshki wrote: »
    Not one person would take John Terry (other than to play him in the reserves). I think thats slightly tough - he's lippy and I don't particularly admire him as a human being but he's a quality defender (except in the last few months).

True but Carvalho is better overall player than Terry.
    Terry gets the plaudits because he is English.
    Thats just my opinion but Carvalho is a much more complete player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I'd rate carvalho higher than terry as well.

although he just reminds me of a columbian druglord most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

PHB wrote: »
    Then I'd take Essien instead of Fletcher.
    I'd take Drogba to provide us that alternative up front.

do you mean that essien and drogba wouldnt be starters?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

For United i would take Drogba and Malouda and Wright-Phillips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

event wrote: »
    do you mean that essien and drogba wouldnt be starters?

Drogba wouldn't be a starting against certain types of teams. He's not fluid enough compared to Rooney and Tevez. However in some games he'd be a defo starter, any European away game. At home though I think I'd rather Rooney and Tevez.

Essien would be a starter for most games, except when we want two creative central midfielders such as Carrick and Scholes or Anderson to break down total defence teams.

It's all about options :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

For 'any' side, I think Carvalho and Essien would be starters. If I supported a team, these would be on my wishlist.

Advertisement