Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to get rid of black streaks

• 21-04-2008 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

How do you get rid of black streaks on the side of the camper. I have washed it with a "camper/caravan wash" but it didn't remove the black marks - mainly in a few places from under the awning & under the exhaust from the Truma boiler. I have tried car polish but no joy.
    What do you use?.

T.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

TigerTim wrote: »
    How do you get rid of black streaks on the side of the camper. I have washed it with a "camper/caravan wash" but it didn't remove the black marks - mainly in a few places from under the awning & under the exhaust from the Truma boiler. I have tried car polish but no joy.
    What do you use?.

T.

I used car polish and it took them off. Maybe try something that has a little cutting compond in it?

Or this? http://www.charlescamping.ie/onlinestore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_80&products_id=290

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

I use that Fenwicks(?) caravan cleaner and it works a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

I've seen a few suggestions elsewhere, all of which claim to work:

Fenwicks
    Muc-Off
    Traffic Film remover (available from motor factor shops)
    Amway loc
    Autoglym (but needs a polish afterwards)

Chris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Thanks for the replies. Must take a look in Halfords - they have some caravan/camper products. They may have Fenwicks.

T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Toothpaste, I kid you not.
    A little toothpaste on cloth, rub with a firm circular motion and that should do the trick.
    Worked for me.
    Its one of the mildest abrasives and cheapest you can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Fenwicks motorhome cleaner from Halfords under €9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭corkbuoy

T-Cut is great for this, available at any car accessory shop.

My wife advised me lastnight that L-bow grease was all that was needed... Funny, but the motor factors shop in Bantry has never heard of it???

Chris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

chrisblack wrote: »
    My wife advised me lastnight that L-bow grease was all that was needed... Funny, but the motor factors shop in Bantry has never heard of it???

Chris

God, that L-Bow grease can be a bugger to get.....

I usually find that somebody else has it.

Nice one Guys - toothpaste and a little L-bow grease does the trick - and leaves the van with a lovely minty smell!!

Chris

• Advertisement
Advertisement