Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing from Japan. Maths question lol

Options
  • 21-04-2008 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

I was looking at importing a car.

I was on this site http://www.vrt.ie/importJapan.html

And also on a Car site in Japan.

And i seen a Car i liked for €5000 this is including all fees and shipping to Ireland,
    So after looking at the VRT site how mush will I have to pay when the car lands in Ireland

I did this let me know if i'm right
    €5000 + 10% customs fees = €5500
    Then
    21% of that amount (€5500 +21% = €6655 ) so thats €1655

How much will the VRT be, This is a Honda Integra 1998 1.8lt 58000km

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

ya i seen that before i posted.

i did... doesnt matter what i put it nothing comes up.

keeps saying "There were no vehicles matching your selections found. Please try again."

so i cant get it working !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭Soarer

Try enter it as a 3 door liftback.

I put in basic details, and couldn't get anything using coupe or hatchback, only liftback.:o

How do i find out what "Version" it is ? i dont see anything like that in the spec... DA .. DB.. DC .. or EK.. all have standard and High as well..

I got like a vrt of 750 or something... but you couldnt trust it cos whats a "liftback" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Its DC you should be looking under.

You also have the agent clearance fee of 120 and the unloading fee of 108 to add before vrt.Is the car a type r or sir?

• Advertisement

I dont think it's a type R cos of the price.. .But i dont know how to check it.

have you got a link to the car?if not a type r its probably an sir as there the only other 1.8s

Put in

DC-STANDARD
    2 DOOR
    SPORTS COUPE

The price im getting is 1187 but that will vary upon which month it was registered in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

NeVeR wrote: »
    How do i find out what "Version" it is ? i dont see anything like that in the spec... DA .. DB.. DC .. or EK.. all have standard and High as well..

I got like a vrt of 750 or something... but you couldnt trust it cos whats a "liftback" ?

If you don't get it before July then the VRT will be 36% of the open market selling price and the tax will be 2k per annum. This is because JDM cars have no c02 rating on their certs of conformity so their c02 output cannot be proven.

I think you'd be cutting it kinda fine myself.

Ferris wrote: »
    If you don't get it before July then the VRT will be 36% of the open market selling price and the tax will be 2k per annum. This is because JDM cars have no c02 rating on their certs of conformity so their c02 output cannot be proven.

sh!t,,, whats the point in importing it then.. it wont be here before July as i'm only looking into it now...

Would end up costing more

thanks for the info.

• Advertisement

So will any car been imported from japan have a Tax of €2000 on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

NeVeR wrote: »
    So will any car been imported from japan have a Tax of €2000 on it ?

Only on cars that output high CO2 emmissions or where the offical CO2 emmissions for the car are not available afaik.

How can i find out what the CO2 emmission are on a type of car.... any type i mean.

From the link thats definitly a type R,Id imagine you could get the co2 rating from honda here as there was a uk version of the type R and the engines are more or less the same.

If it was to go by co2 itd cost you 1000 a year on road tax and the vrt rate would be 32% as opposed to 25% at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I believe you will need a certificate of conformity for the Integra. I don't think you'll be able to get one that Revenue will be happy with.

AFAIK JDM cars do not have Co2 figures on their certs of conformity, I could be wrong tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Ferris wrote: »

Is it not that cars will be VRT'd on CO2 and taxed on cc if pre 2008 reg? So the OP would have 36% VRT but still 2l tax.

Any car that emits over 225g/km, old or new, will fall under the new system, makes sense that this applies to cars who co2 output cannot be proven (JDM Cars). Its Gormley having his cake and eating it.

Again this is how i'm interpreting the new rules.

Edit:

Looks like i'm wrong on the car tax being Co2 based for cars over the 225g/km limit. The VRT is emissions based from the 1st of July, any car that cannot prove its Co2 output will be VRT'd at 36%.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055280613

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I thought they changed their minds and are just using the old road tax system for pre-08 imports?

Advertisement